Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can’t sleep watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It’s been years now. I can’t fall asleep unless it’s past 3-5 in the morning depending on the day...I need help. I tried most things other than sleeping pills. I often times nap during the day out of exhaustion. Or sometimes I do get tired at 10/11 pm but then I wake up at 2 in the morning and can’t sleep all night. Ideally, I’d like to sleep at around 11pm and wake up at 7:30.

ReputationRep:
    Why not try the sleeping drugs?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    It’s been years now. I can’t fall asleep unless it’s past 3-5 in the morning depending on the day...I need help. I tried most things other than sleeping pills. I often times nap during the day out of exhaustion. Or sometimes I do get tired at 10/11 pm but then I wake up at 2 in the morning and can’t sleep all night. Ideally, I’d like to sleep at around 11pm and wake up at 7:30.
    What I did to fix my sleeping pattern was no matter what time I would go to bed (4am for example) I would set my alarm for whenever I wanted to wakeup, in your case 7:30. I would wake up and would try my best NOT to take any naps during the day, hopefully by the time 10/11 comes around, you should be exhausted so sleeping will hopefully be easier. I know it's hard not to take a nap because you're so tired but you need to hold out otherwise you'll be in the same cycle.

Hope that helps
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by starfab)
    Why not try the sleeping drugs?
    Heard they cause addiction and you become heavily dependent on them. I don’t want that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tinizel)
    What I did to fix my sleeping pattern was no matter what time I would go to bed (4am for example) I would set my alarm for whenever I wanted to wakeup, in your case 7:30. I would wake up and would try my best NOT to take any naps during the day, hopefully by the time 10/11 comes around, you should be exhausted so sleeping will hopefully be easier. I know it's hard not to take a nap because you're so tired but you need to hold out otherwise you'll be in the same cycle.

Hope that helps
    Hiya, thanks. Unfortunately, I did try this. There have been days where I managed not to nap (well, past few months I haven’t napped at all). Still cannot sleep though😂

ReputationRep:
    Heard they cause addiction and you become heavily dependent on them. I don’t want that.
    Yeah reason I didn't use them.
    What's your night time routine?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah reason I didn't use them.
    What's your night time routine?
    I shower, brush my teeth and then I’m always in bed by 12pm. Then I just go on youtube or grab my guitar and play for a bit, or come on here or fb, insta...etc. There have been times when I used to do this and get tired by 2 in the morning. But lately I’m up till 5 wtf

ReputationRep:
    They usually adjust your sleeping pattern, so after a couple nights you will naturally fall asleep at midnight or earlier without the sleep aids.

ReputationRep:
    I shower, brush my teeth and then I’m always in bed by 12pm. Then I just go on youtube or grab my guitar and play for a bit, or come on here or fb, insta...etc. There have been times when I used to do this and get tired by 2 in the morning. But lately I’m up till 5 wtf
    honestly mate i was like u and im like that now trying to change it. but its so weird right- i slept everyday from 3 am for the last 2 years. then suddenly for the last 2 weeks i randomly decided im gonna wake up at 7. i turned off my phone and all distractions, went to bed at 11 for a few days woke up early. Then i could go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 7. I got used to it so quickly just by doing it. Now im back to square 1.

All u need to do is go bed at like 10, have blue light filters on ur pc screen and phone. then try sleep. it will be hard but will happen eventually

ReputationRep:
    Don't use your phone or any screen. If you do, use the blue light filter ir something like that. Make sure your bed is solely for sleeping, not to study ir other stuff during the day.

ReputationRep:
    I am assuming it is because of you constantly being focused on a screen, AKA your phone. Try putting it away after 11 or 1 hour before you wanna sleep. Gonna sound real cliche here but try read a book before. Gets you tired much quicker. Might not work instantly because of the different pattern your body would need to get used to.

ReputationRep:
    When my sleep routine gets like that, instead of sleeping the night I stay up then keep myself really busy throughout the day and by 10pm I’ll collapse in bed

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, thanks. Unfortunately, I did try this. There have been days where I managed not to nap (well, past few months I haven’t napped at all). Still cannot sleep though😂
    Awww damn man that sucks

How long did you keep that pattern up for?

In any event, I think if you've exhausted all other options, I would atleast speak to your doctor.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    They usually adjust your sleeping pattern, so after a couple nights you will naturally fall asleep at midnight or earlier without the sleep aids.
    I might just have to try them, they’re my last option.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by galingo)
    honestly mate i was like u and im like that now trying to change it. but its so weird right- i slept everyday from 3 am for the last 2 years. then suddenly for the last 2 weeks i randomly decided im gonna wake up at 7. i turned off my phone and all distractions, went to bed at 11 for a few days woke up early. Then i could go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 7. I got used to it so quickly just by doing it. Now im back to square 1.

All u need to do is go bed at like 10, have blue light filters on ur pc screen and phone. then try sleep. it will be hard but will happen eventually
    I tried that man. Didn’t work for me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Don't use your phone or any screen. If you do, use the blue light filter ir something like that. Make sure your bed is solely for sleeping, not to study ir other stuff during the day.
    I use the blue filter, but got to admit I never tried to stop using devices before sleep. Don’t think I can sacrifice that. Aslo damn...When I study I do it in bed all the time 😂
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    When my sleep routine gets like that, instead of sleeping the night I stay up then keep myself really busy throughout the day and by 10pm I’ll collapse in bed
    I’ve done this numerous times. Didn’t work and I felt dead inside for the full day...literally 😂
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tinizel)
    Awww damn man that sucks

How long did you keep that pattern up for?

In any event, I think if you've exhausted all other options, I would atleast speak to your doctor.
    A good few years now. Last time I fell asleep at 10 and had a good 8 hours sleep was back when I was 15...I’m 19 now

ReputationRep:
    A good few years now. Last time I fell asleep at 10 and had a good 8 hours sleep was back when I was 15...I’m 19 now
    Awww I see, hmmmmm If it's been that long, I'm guessing you've tried all the options you can think of.

I'm just tryna think of things that would work for me that might help you, so sorry if I'm useless to you. Having warm milk with honey, working out (any sort of exercise makes me tired XD), turning off all electronics 1 hour before you go sleep (Read something), make sure when you got to bed, it's your bed only as in.... that's exclusively for sleeping (Don't watch TV in your bed, don't play games in your bed etc.)

I know all these seem generic but hopefully there's one thing you haven't tried. Really hope things get better for you though

ReputationRep:
    I use the blue filter, but got to admit I never tried to stop using devices before sleep. Don’t think I can sacrifice that. Aslo damn...When I study I do it in bed all the time 😂
    Try it then. If it doesn't help next few weeks, I'll thonk what else I tried. Once you can manage to fall asleep, it shouldn't matter too much if you use a device.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.