Turn on thread page Beta

Can’t sleep watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    A good few years now. Last time I fell asleep at 10 and had a good 8 hours sleep was back when I was 15...I’m 19 now
    sh*t den, have you spoken to your gp maybe?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tinizel)
    Awww I see, hmmmmm If it's been that long, I'm guessing you've tried all the options you can think of.

I'm just tryna think of things that would work for me that might help you, so sorry if I'm useless to you. Having warm milk with honey, working out (any sort of exercise makes me tired XD), turning off all electronics 1 hour before you go sleep (Read something), make sure when you got to bed, it's your bed only as in.... that's exclusively for sleeping (Don't watch TV in your bed, don't play games in your bed etc.)

I know all these seem generic but hopefully there's one thing you haven't tried. Really hope things get better for you though
    I work out a lot and really heavy too...It never tires me, actually it does the opposite throughout the day( and night). It’s really strange.

I do use my bed to study, play games, watch youtube,etc...maybe I need to change that.

ReputationRep:
    Are you drinking a lot of caffeine drinks? If you are then don't they always keep you up. Try drinking warm milk in the evening or decaf tea.

If you can't not use your phone in the night just decrease the amount of time you spend using it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by s817)
    Are you drinking a lot of caffeine drinks? If you are then don't they always keep you up. Try drinking warm milk in the evening or decaf tea.

If you can't not use your phone in the night just decrease the amount of time you spend using it.
    Nope, not at all. I only drink water. I tried tea for a bit. It said it’s some sort of sleeping tea...didn’t work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Nope, not at all. I only drink water. I tried tea for a bit. It said it’s some sort of sleeping tea...didn’t work
    Try milk
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by s817)
    Try milk
    Whenever I drink milk I get some spots. Might be lactose intolerant so I stopped drinking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fk90709)
    I am assuming it is because of you constantly being focused on a screen, AKA your phone. Try putting it away after 11 or 1 hour before you wanna sleep. Gonna sound real cliche here but try read a book before. Gets you tired much quicker. Might not work instantly because of the different pattern your body would need to get used to.
    I forgot to mention. You really need to make it part of your daily routine rather than making it look like a task you need to complete every night.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Fk90709)
    I forgot to mention. You really need to make it part of your daily routine rather than making it look like a task you need to complete every night.
    Yeah I use my phone a lot at night...Don’t think I can sacrifice it though man. I really enjoy it...And I hate reading books haha

ReputationRep:
    I can sort of relate, my sleeping pattern is non-existent. I sleep when I need to unless I've had a big night on the sauce. I'm used to it, can work around it. been this way for about 15 years, ha,

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.