Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people have to be such dicks all the time? Why can’t people just accept that we aren’t all the same and we aren’t all outgoing and stuff. Why is there so much pressure on young people to be this social, perfect, aesthetic person with loads of hobbies and humour and no issues at all? Why do some people think that others are inferior or superior to themselves and that there should be certain cliches that stick. Or 6 Instagram posts only else you’re attention seeking. Why do we need loads of friends to indicate wether or not we are worth other people’s time? And why do people think
    It’s ok to make you think they are your best friend, and when someone popular shows up, they start kissing their shoes and ignoring the people who helped them through hard times and abuse and bullying. They just forget. Over and over again this has happened to me. I’ve lost so many friends, It’s not only that. I have crippling anxiety. I can’t do anything without having a panic attack, but no one even knows, they would care anyway. Why am I like this? Why can’t I just be social, and popular, and pretty?? Why do I have to be me?!?????
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're making it worse by saying this you know. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and make a change if you're unhappy. Sorry if it's harsh but you probably need to hear it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do people have to be such dicks all the time? Why can’t people just accept that we aren’t all the same and we aren’t all outgoing and stuff. Why is there so much pressure on young people to be this social, perfect, aesthetic person with loads of hobbies and humour and no issues at all? Why do some people think that others are inferior or superior to themselves and that there should be certain cliches that stick. Or 6 Instagram posts only else you’re attention seeking. Why do we need loads of friends to indicate wether or not we are worth other people’s time? And why do people think
    It’s ok to make you think they are your best friend, and when someone popular shows up, they start kissing their shoes and ignoring the people who helped them through hard times and abuse and bullying. They just forget. Over and over again this has happened to me. I’ve lost so many friends, It’s not only that. I have crippling anxiety. I can’t do anything without having a panic attack, but no one even knows, they would care anyway. Why am I like this? Why can’t I just be social, and popular, and pretty?? Why do I have to be me?!?????
    This is life after all. I know it's painful and difficult, but you need to lower your expectations. The lower your expectations, the easier will it be for you! Most of us are like that; not only our family, friends and relatives but sometimes also OURSELVES. It's better to be yourself from the beginning rather than pretending to be someone with a lot of friends, or someone who's super beautiful because you can't hide it for long. So don't worry, a lot of people go through the same thing as you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.