Turn on thread page Beta

Issues with final project group to get the degree watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm working with a group of 4 persons on a business research project since 3 months. So far I've attended to all group meetings, covered all allocated tasks....

At the beginning, I wasn't able to find a group because everybody was claiming they are already complete. I've got allocated to the above-mentioned group. It still seems like they don't really want me. I can not say that I am really popular in the class from a social standpoint. There is particularly one person who is always trying to argue with me in group meetings and to reduce the work I've provided. I'm really worried that this person or members of the group are trying by intention to find anything to kick me out of the project. Is this possible? How could I defend myself? My contribution is via email documented. Is it so easy to make an allegation about anybody in front of the uni administration without providing any evidence? I was already thinking about to get a lawyer for higher education. This group project is my final work for my degree. Thanks for any advice! (I'm not a native speaker)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Singularity101)
    I'm working with a group of 4 persons on a business research project since 3 months. So far I've attended to all group meetings, covered all allocated tasks....

At the beginning, I wasn't able to find a group because everybody was claiming they are already complete. I've got allocated to the above-mentioned group. It still seems like they don't really want me. I can not say that I am really popular in the class from a social standpoint. There is particularly one person who is always trying to argue with me in group meetings and to reduce the work I've provided. I'm really worried that this person or members of the group are trying by intention to find anything to kick me out of the project. Is this possible? How could I defend myself? My contribution is via email documented. Is it so easy to make an allegation about anybody in front of the uni administration without providing any evidence? I was already thinking about to get a lawyer for higher education. This group project is my final work for my degree. Thanks for any advice! (I'm not a native speaker)
    You need to speak to your tutor and explain what you’re worried about. They’ll be able to help explain how issues like this are handled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You need to speak to your tutor and explain what you’re worried about. They’ll be able to help explain how issues like this are handled.
    I did already. And they can't give me a straight answer.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Singularity101)
    I did already. And they can't give me a straight answer.
    Then speak to their boss

You can't solve this alone and you're outnumbered in the group and so unlikely to get it sorted without someone with some authority stepping in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Then speak to their boss

You can't solve this alone and you're outnumbered in the group and so unlikely to get it sorted without someone with some authority stepping in.
    Well. The university policy is that a group has to work together. Regardless if you like the members or not. Will keep documenting my contribution. And they already benefitted a lot from my research. If it's becoming too weird I will get legal advice and do an appeal because of discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    I talked to the group "leader", and he said he is happy with my contribution so far. But still I have the feeling, something is going on behind my back.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.