The Student Room Group

5000 iq is required to read this

Kirsty is a 24 year old who had always been interested in cars.her interests in mechanical aspects of cars has helped her progress to being the assistant manger at large garage.

Kirsty has inherited some money and now wants to open her own car servicing business. She wants to work with female vehicle technician to offer a service for female drivers who she feels are often scared by dealing with male workers in garages.

Kirsty has no experience of running a business of her own. Although she has inherited enough money to buy premises and equipment,there will only be a little spare capital for other business expenses.

To help her make the decision about whether or not to go ahead with her own idea,Kirsty has put her thoughts on paper. These are shown in figures 2.

You must give advice to Kirsty on how she might develop and market their business idea

Figure 2 Kirsty’s thoughts on the risk and rewards of starting her own car servicing business

Risk
Will I fail?i haven’t failed at anything in my life.
What if I have to fire someone?not an ideal situation.
What happens if I can’t get female vehicles technicians?
I will be giving up a steady,reliable income.

Reward
I will be my own boss. This means I can choose the hours I work and take all the holidays I want, when I want.
I can choose the people I work with.
I can set a new trend in car servicing.
Working in my own business will be so much more peasant than salving all day for someone else.

Investigation 1 assess whether or not Kirsty has made a through examination of risk and reward of running her own businesses.

You should consider the following in your investigation.

You own knowledge and understanding of risk and reward of running a business.

The data provided in figure 2.

Any other information that may be relevant.

Recommend word count for this section is 400 words (10 marks)

Investigation 2

Recommend and justify a pricing strategy that Kirsty might use when starting her business, if it were to open in your area.

Discuss how this strategy might change once her business becomes established.

Your own knowledge and understanding of pricing methods and strategy used by business both when they start and as they become established.

Your own research on suitable pricing strategy if Kirsty’s business were to open in your area.

Recommend word count for this section is 800 words (25 marks)

Investigation 3
Recommend and justify a suitable product mix for Kirsty to use,if her business were to open in your area.

Explain how a swot analysis might help Kirsty in developing her own business idea.

You should consider the following in your investigation:

Your knowledge and understanding of product mix and how it might be applied to Kirsty’s car servicing.

Your own research into a suitable product mix for Kirsty’s business if it were to open in your area

Your knowledge and understanding of swot analysis and other information that may be relevant.

Recommend word count for this section is 800 words (25
Is there a question?
Reply 2
Yes
Are you doing gcse business studies coursework
Reply 3
Duncan u there
Original post by ABdul332
Kirsty is a 24 year old who had always been interested in cars.her interests in mechanical aspects of cars has helped her progress to being the assistant manger at large garage.

Kirsty has inherited some money and now wants to open her own car servicing business. She wants to work with female vehicle technician to offer a service for female drivers who she feels are often scared by dealing with male workers in garages.

Kirsty has no experience of running a business of her own. Although she has inherited enough money to buy premises and equipment,there will only be a little spare capital for other business expenses.

To help her make the decision about whether or not to go ahead with her own idea,Kirsty has put her thoughts on paper. These are shown in figures 2.

You must give advice to Kirsty on how she might develop and market their business idea

Figure 2 Kirsty’s thoughts on the risk and rewards of starting her own car servicing business

Risk
Will I fail?i haven’t failed at anything in my life.
What if I have to fire someone?not an ideal situation.
What happens if I can’t get female vehicles technicians?
I will be giving up a steady,reliable income.

Reward
I will be my own boss. This means I can choose the hours I work and take all the holidays I want, when I want.
I can choose the people I work with.
I can set a new trend in car servicing.
Working in my own business will be so much more peasant than salving all day for someone else.

Investigation 1 assess whether or not Kirsty has made a through examination of risk and reward of running her own businesses.

You own knowledge and understanding of risk and reward of running a business.

The data provided in figure 2.

Recommend word count for this section is 400 words (10 marks)

Investigation 2

Recommend and justify a pricing strategy that Kirsty might use when starting her business, if it were to open in your area.

Discuss how this strategy might change once her business becomes established.

Your own knowledge and understanding of pricing methods and strategy used by business both when they start and as they become established.

Your own research on suitable pricing strategy if Kirsty’s business were to open in your area.

Recommend word count for this section is 800 words (25 marks)

Investigation 3
Recommend and justify a suitable product mix for Kirsty to use,if her business were to open in your area.

Explain how a swot analysis might help Kirsty in developing her own business idea.

You should consider the following in your investigation:

Your knowledge and understanding of product mix and how it might be applied to Kirsty’s car servicing.

Your own research into a suitable product mix for Kirsty’s business if it were to open in your area

Your knowledge and understanding of swot analysis and other information that may be relevant.

Recommend word count for this section is 800 words (25

To be sincere, a 5000 IQ isn't high enough to truly grasp the intricacies of this piece of literature; you certainly need an anaconda grasp of theoretical physics and applied mathematics, possibly a sprinkle of organic chemistry absorb this conundrum of writing.
Reply 5
Lol finally someone who is on my level so you must watch rick and Morty
Original post by ABdul332
Duncan u there

I’m not doing GCSE business studies but I know a bit about business. If you tell us your question(s) maybe someone here can help.

Quick Reply

Latest