Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer to join the Transaction Advisory Services department at EY Poland as a Junior TAS Consultant.

If I do accept it, will it be possible to transfer to an EY branch in UK/Germany later on (assuming I know the language)?

Is there anyone here who works for a Big 4 company that can shed some light on whether or not internal transfers between offices are possible?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Leviathas)
    I've got an offer to join the Transaction Advisory Services department at EY Poland as a Junior TAS Consultant.

If I do accept it, will it be possible to transfer to an EY branch in UK/Germany later on (assuming I know the language)?

Is there anyone here who works for a Big 4 company that can shed some light on whether or not internal transfers between offices are possible?
    Yes definitely possible. There are a fair few people who’ve had transfers in my office.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it happens all the time.

The only thing to keep in mind, however, is that it can negatively influence the salary you end up on once you move to London/Germany. This will depend on whether or not you manage to negotiate the local salary and/ or you're moving permanently.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, is it easy to move from TAS to IBD in a BB? Understand TAS is not really the M&A team and what I heard is that they are a 'glorified due dilligence' team
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by makrxx)
    Out of curiosity, is it easy to move from TAS to IBD in a BB? Understand TAS is not really the M&A team and what I heard is that they are a 'glorified due dilligence' team
    definitely happens a decent amount.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    I'm not sure if any of them move to BBs but a lot of people from the big 4 ( TAS as well as Corporate Finance) move to IBD at smaller firms like Rothschild and boutiques. I think BBs hire mainly from undergraduate and MBA internships.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I'm not sure if any of them move to BBs but a lot of people from the big 4 ( TAS as well as Corporate Finance) move to IBD at smaller firms like Rothschild and boutiques. I think BBs hire mainly from undergraduate and MBA internships.
    Happens with BBs too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Happens with BBs too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, so do they recruit TAS people through head hunters (not sure if that's the right word) or through a formal application process like for internships?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks, so do they recruit TAS people through head hunters (not sure if that's the right word) or through a formal application process like for internships?
    Recruiters usually, though sometimes online positions (not formal programs or anything, just for a specific role) directly pop up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Happens through both.

Important to remember that, although it does happen, it's uncommon. Moreover, lateral hires into BBs from Big 4 tend to start at Analyst 1 i.e. at the bottom of the ladder, even if they already have 2 - 4 years experience.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.