Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I please have some advice on which statistical test to pick to analyse the following data:

I designed a questionnaire for my dissertation which was looking at the attitudes of teachers to students with autism in mainstream education, and also teachers' knowledge around autism.

The questionnaire had 3 sections: first 3 demographic questions - amount of teaching experience (0-1yr, 1-3yr, etc), amount of autism training received in last 5 years (none, 1 hour,2hrs, etc), number of autistic students at present (none, 1-5, 6-9, etc)

I then had 2 sections: 10 questions on knowledge of autism (true/false/don't know) and 10 questions on opinions on inclusive education (agree/disagree/not sure).

My aims are:
    (1) To investigate secondary school teachers’ attitudes towards inclusion of ASD students in mainstream education (2) To investigate secondary school teachers’ knowledge of ASD (3) To determine if there is a relationship between secondary school teachers’ attitudes towards inclusion and knowledge of ASD (4) determine if a combination of teacher experience, amount of autism training received, and knowledge of ASD predict secondary school teachers’ attitude towards inclusion of student

Statistics is a huge weakness of mine and I'm getting incredibly confused on what to do next. Im not sure how to analyse the attitude and knowledge as I have 10 questions for each, rather than one number to compare with another.

Any help/advice would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.