Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental health and fit to sit policy at university watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sally_1986)
    I do hate myself due to the behaviours and reactions. Otherwise I am a generally good person with a good heart and the very best intentions always. I’m guilty of allowing people too much and normally always end up hurt when what I give isn’t reciprocated.

I’ve just got out of the doctors and have some temporary relief having had a really good talk with him and feeling supported by him under the current circumstances. He witnessed a near on panic attack just entering his room when my legs started uncontrollably shaking and the inability to voice reared its ugly head but he put me at ease and we soon got to having a chat. He said he isn’t treating this episode as post traumatic and there are unhealthy OCD tendencies at play. He has increased my dose of my usual meds and prescribed me some panic tablets to take as necessary. I can’t have beta blockers due to asthma so quite limited on medications for the physical symptoms but hopefully the increased dosage and new tablets will calm everything down.

Thanks for your support. It really does help just having somewhere to say the things you might not otherwise say out loud.
    i am pleased that i am of some help to you. just remember that the important thing is getting your stressors out. the method does not matter so it does not have to be vocal. texts, phone, forums etc all help to release the tension so use whatever method is most comfortable for you. you are the one that matters, not the person who you are talking to.
    with the OCD i would imagine that they will slowly try to reduce it and show you that not doing those things will not create a crisis so it should become less compulsive for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sally_1986)
    He said he isn’t treating this episode as post traumatic and there are unhealthy OCD tendencies at play.
    That should say he is treating it as post trauma, not isn't!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.