Turn on thread page Beta

HO Caseworker EO- Provisional offer- 8 weeks and counting. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied for this job (Liverpool) actually a whole year ago, passed the application but didn’t score highly enough to be invited for an interview. In November 2017 however I was contacted and told I had been reconsidered and invited for an assessment/interview in December 2017.

I passed this interview but was told on the day I would be placed on a merit list and contacted within three weeks to advise if I could be offered a position or just be placed on a reserve list for 12 months. I was told after 3 weeks I would be on the reserve list.

However just 3 weeks later I received an provisional offer as a position had become available. This was 11th Jan 2018. I completed all the forms the day after, and on 14/02 I received the link for the Security Vetting questionnaire which I submitted and returned the same day.

It’s now been almost 8 weeks since I received my provisional offer and still had no word. I have just noticed on the vetting website that my status has changed from ‘in progress’ to ‘completed’- so I’m really hoping it’s soon! I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this job!

Anyone in the same position or know when these roles are likely to start?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lorzy89)
    Hi,

I applied for this job (Liverpool) actually a whole year ago, passed the application but didn’t score highly enough to be invited for an interview. In November 2017 however I was contacted and told I had been reconsidered and invited for an assessment/interview in December 2017.

I passed this interview but was told on the day I would be placed on a merit list and contacted within three weeks to advise if I could be offered a position or just be placed on a reserve list for 12 months. I was told after 3 weeks I would be on the reserve list.

However just 3 weeks later I received an provisional offer as a position had become available. This was 11th Jan 2018. I completed all the forms the day after, and on 14/02 I received the link for the Security Vetting questionnaire which I submitted and returned the same day.

It’s now been almost 8 weeks since I received my provisional offer and still had no word. I have just noticed on the vetting website that my status has changed from ‘in progress’ to ‘completed’- so I’m really hoping it’s soon! I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this job!

Thanks!
    People don't live in TSR so please don't bump your thread after only a couple of hours. Email and ask for a timeline?

ReputationRep:
    Okay sorry! I’m a new member as of today and wasn’t sure what the timescale for replies are.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks!
    You would have been better just reading through and posting your question and concerns in the Home office caseworker thread.

But to put your mind at rest you are not the only one waiting in fact a Few have been waiting longer for start dates since their CTC was completed weeks ago. The other thread is being used by AO and EO candidates for the Liverpool posts so plenty of posters with info of which I'm one (AO) .
    Don't panic a lot of the current posters are in exactly the same situation as you ie invited for interview in November December after being unsuccessful in march April including me and waiting for clearance and start dates, it is not a quick process but being honest from getting the offer to all your checks being done you are lucky yours were relatively quick

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks. Again I’m a new member here so not really sure of the etiquette! I was just looking for anyone who was in the same position or had a bit of info! I didn’t know if that thread was still ongoing.

Thanks very much though that is very helpful and has put my mind at rest. It just seems like such a long process but I know they are known for their long recruitment processes.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks. Again I’m a new member here so not really sure of the etiquette! I was just looking for anyone who was in the same position or had a bit of info! I didn’t know if that thread was still ongoing.

Thanks very much though that is very helpful and has put my mind at rest. It just seems like such a long process but I know they are known for their long recruitment processes.
    I work the home office in Liverpool - I’m not a caseworker - but I know they are going a huge amount of recruitment at the moment. There are people I know awaiting start dates and it’s been 2-3 months. So don’t worry.

As a new starter the checks along can take at least 3 months. And they the resourcing team need to liaise with the hiring manager etc.

Also - as they are recruiting numerous people it could be a matter of waiting for other recruits checks to complete so they can coordinate training for a group of people rather than an individual.

Hope that helps

Let me know if there’s anything else you need answering
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for all the typos hopefully it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much that is really helpful! I’ve heard it varies and can take a few months, but don’t really know anybody in the know at all, so any info on how much longer it’s likely to be is great. It’s just to put my mind at rest really! I’m a bit of a worrier ha .

Do you know if the training is always full time, 5 days a week? Regardless if you plan to do a part time working pattern or not?

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much that is really helpful! I’ve heard it varies and can take a few months, but don’t really know anybody in the know at all, so any info on how much longer it’s likely to be is great. It’s just to put my mind at rest really! I’m a bit of a worrier ha .

Do you know if the training is always full time, 5 days a week? Regardless if you plan to do a part time working pattern or not?

Thankyou!
    I was exactly the same when I joined the civil service. It is worrying when you don’t hear back. But trust me it’s completely normal. Even though the checks are complete it can take a bit to hear back sadly!! It’s not ideal I know.

I’m not sure about the specifics of the training. I am sure if you’ve agreed part time hours then this would be accommodated. I imagine there will be a range of working patterns amongst others as well.

Although there may be some expectation to be more flexible during initial training.

Will you be doing asylum casework? Or euro? They seem to be the big recruitment drives currently.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that’s good to know! It’s the not knowing I think!

Well tbh I haven’t even agreed any hours, never been given an opportunity too. I did specify on the initial application a year ago I was looking to do part time but that’s it. I emailed a while okay too just to see if I needed to give some advanced notice on the fact that I’d be looking to do part time, maybe 4 days. But just got a reply saying that would all be discussed once I got the formal offer.

I’m not really sure whether it would be asylum or euro tbh- I’m assuming asylum based on the interview but it’s not really been specified! A bit in the dark really!

ReputationRep:

Thankyou!
    Ref the hours I believe the training is fulltime but I'm not sure how it works for existing civil servants who have completed their probation I think when you get your formal offer the question ref working hours is asked etc and you can discuss your training and working patterns then I presume.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that’s good to know! It’s the not knowing I think!

Well tbh I haven’t even agreed any hours, never been given an opportunity too. I did specify on the initial application a year ago I was looking to do part time but that’s it. I emailed a while okay too just to see if I needed to give some advanced notice on the fact that I’d be looking to do part time, maybe 4 days. But just got a reply saying that would all be discussed once I got the formal offer.

I’m not really sure whether it would be asylum or euro tbh- I’m assuming asylum based on the interview but it’s not really been specified! A bit in the dark really!
    As silversurfer says you should be able to discuss working patterns etc. A lot of civil servants have part time contracts so hopefully they can accommodate you.

Either workstream is really interesting so I’m sure you’ll enjoy either

Fingers crossed you get things finalised soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissSassy)
    I was exactly the same when I joined the civil service. It is worrying when you don’t hear back. But trust me it’s completely normal. Even though the checks are complete it can take a bit to hear back sadly!! It’s not ideal I know.

I’m not sure about the specifics of the training. I am sure if you’ve agreed part time hours then this would be accommodated. I imagine there will be a range of working patterns amongst others as well.

Although there may be some expectation to be more flexible during initial training. R

Will you be doing asylum casework? Or euro? They seem to be the big recruitment drives currently.
    Reference the type of work I believe we will find out when we either get our start date and other relevant instructions or on our first day,

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Fingers crossed! Time will tell!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to both of you

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I’ve been invited to attend the assessment centre next week for the position of an EO officer for IE. I’m wondering if you could give me an idea of what to expect in the written test & Interview process? Anything would be very appreciated.
    Thankyou

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.