The Student Room Group

Improve my English

? .
What's the question? XD
what do you want to improve on?
Original post by Beverley42
? .

It's pretty easy tbh. If english is not your first language. Watch movies WITHOUT subtitles. Read books (if you're a student that it's easy lol , you have to do that at some point even if you don't want to lol).Moreover, try to make friends (with people who speak english and english is their first language). By listening to them , speaking to them and texting them your english will improve in no time. Believe me. You will learn so many slang words and in general you will improve your vocabulary and grammar. You will go from the step-of not being able to understand what they are saying (especially brits because their accents are hard to understand) , to the step that you can literally understand every single person , even though that person might be in the other side of the road, talking to his friends. That it's what happened to me. I could'nt understand anything and now I hear people who are whispering to each other or talking to each and I can understand every single word. My english is not perfect (I still make grammar mistakes and I can say that my vocabulary is poor) but it is def better than 8 or 9 months ago.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending