Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what's the best accommodation to choose from for standard and en-suite? Preferably not over £130. I want to compare the prices and the looks to see whether I should just get a standard since I'll be living in it for a year only, but the last time I visited a standard one the kitchen was VERY small.

Thanks!

And also, as a first year student, would you recommend Oadby Student Village or city living?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Angelic Charm)
    Hi, what's the best accommodation to choose from for standard and en-suite? Preferably not over £130. I want to compare the prices and the looks to see whether I should just get a standard since I'll be living in it for a year only, but the last time I visited a standard one the kitchen was VERY small.

Thanks!

And also, as a first year student, would you recommend Oadby Student Village or city living?
    Hi,

You'll be welcome wherever you choose to stay, whether you are in first year or not. However it is true that most first years choose to live in Oadby, if you'd rather be around people in the same year as you.
    You can have a look around our Flickr to get more of an idea of what the rooms look like. In terms of pricing, find more information here.

Hope this helps,

Jai

ReputationRep:
    I’m a current first year and for price and quality I’d recommend Pavilions. I’ve been in most of the buildings and they’re all nicely decorated, very clean. The only downside is if you’re in a flat of 4 you only get one fridge/freezer, but it’s like that in all accommodation this size!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Pavilions and I'd recommend it also. It's one of the most expensive but it is one of, if not the, best.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to find answers to a similar question but couldn't find one.
    Im applying for accomodation too and after doing some digging it seemed as though City Living seemed the most worth it for example in Nixon (A-E I think?) there are ensuite rooms for £122 plus you save on transport!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigh1)
    I tried to find answers to a similar question but couldn't find one.
    Im applying for accomodation too and after doing some digging it seemed as though City Living seemed the most worth it for example in Nixon (A-E I think?) there are ensuite rooms for £122 plus you save on transport!
    Omg I applied for Nixon as well, you have to pick 5 but nixon was my first choice. Sadly, I phoned up the accommodation department and they said they tend to prioritise medical students for nixon court . I'd hate to live off campus because of having to pay for the bus pass as well.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I applied for Nixon as well, you have to pick 5 but nixon was my first choice. Sadly, I phoned up the accommodation department and they said they tend to prioritise medical students for nixon court . I'd hate to live off campus because of having to pay for the bus pass as well.
    oh wow really? did they mention anything else?
    I'm literally sending my app off now haha
    What course are you in for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigh1)
    oh wow really? did they mention anything else?
    I'm literally sending my app off now haha
    What course are you in for?
    Nah nothing else really, they just said they'll attempt to provide you with the first offer. If not it goes off to your 2nd then 3rd etc, it's like first come first serve excluding the fact that they prioritise medical students. And I'm applying for accounting and finance, hopefully I'll get in haha. And you?

ReputationRep:
    Nah nothing else really, they just said they'll attempt to provide you with the first offer. If not it goes off to your 2nd then 3rd etc, it's like first come first serve excluding the fact that they prioritise medical students. And I'm applying for accounting and finance, hopefully I'll get in haha. And you?
    Ahh right that makes sense
    BioSciences

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying chem and I have a lot of mates at Nixon, so it's not exclusively for medics, so dw too much. Also if you don't want to buy a bus pass then you can either walk (about 40 mins) or bike (about 15 mins).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antpoolio)
    I'm studying chem and I have a lot of mates at Nixon, so it's not exclusively for medics, so dw too much. Also if you don't want to buy a bus pass then you can either walk (about 40 mins) or bike (about 15 mins).
    Aw thank you And I wouldn't mind walking but 40 minutes, I'd rather sleep in :^).

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for medicine but I didn't know about the prioritisation. I also applied for City Living due to how close it is and I know of loads of others who did the same. So we're not alone.

Good luck!

University open days

1. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.