Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Child benefit evidence watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for 2018 start and I have two children. I've been asked to send the children's birth certificates (no problem) along with either a Child Benefit letter (I don't have anything with kids names and amount on or anything, just a very basic letter I got about changing the way I got paid) or Tax credits (I haven't received these since shortly after my first child was born).

I know my child benefit number and I have bank statements to back up that I receive a monthly payment.

Can anyone advise what evidence is acceptable as I can't send the tax credit evidence and I have seen that the Child Benefit office won't issue a letter for evidence?

Many thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Cazzy1980)
    I'm applying for 2018 start and I have two children. I've been asked to send the children's birth certificates (no problem) along with either a Child Benefit letter (I don't have anything with kids names and amount on or anything, just a very basic letter I got about changing the way I got paid) or Tax credits (I haven't received these since shortly after my first child was born).

I know my child benefit number and I have bank statements to back up that I receive a monthly payment.

Can anyone advise what evidence is acceptable as I can't send the tax credit evidence and I have seen that the Child Benefit office won't issue a letter for evidence?

Many thanks.
    Hi Cazzy,

Please see the list below for the evidence we require to support your application, this is to show that you are wholly financially responsible for the child/children in question:
    • Photocopy of the Child's Birth Certificate (for each child). If the Child's Birth Certificate cannot be provided then we can accept a photocopy of the child's valid Passport.

And either one from the list below
    • most recent Child Tax Credit Award letter (TCAN) which must name the student or
    • most recent Child Benefit letter (CBL) which can be in the name of either the student or their partner/spouse or
    • Universal Credit (UC) Award letter (must show the student receives the Child Element of UC)

We require to see all pages of the TCAN, CBL or UC Award Letter as evidence.
    We would not be able to accept bank statements showing payment made .
    Thanks

Louise

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.