Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To fulfill my conditional offer I need a DBS check. Not sure how to go about this. Who do I ask and what do I do? I have one at the school I work at but not sure it’s transferable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mshn99)
    To fulfill my conditional offer I need a DBS check. Not sure how to go about this. Who do I ask and what do I do? I have one at the school I work at but not sure it’s transferable.
    Is it enhanced? Did you sign up for the update service? I'd contact the uni to find out if you need a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Is it enhanced? Did you sign up for the update service? I'd contact the uni to find out if you need a new one.
    The one from work is enhanced because I work with children. But not sure about what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mshn99)
    Usually DBS certificates aren't transferable, as they have your place of work and employer on them, and will only apply in that context. You'll need a new one for uni. Contact the uni first to see if they will send you the form, as if they require you to go through the procedure, it's usually the employer/uni that provides you with the form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    Usually DBS certificates aren't transferable, as they have your place of work and employer on them, and will only apply in that context. You'll need a new one for uni. Contact the uni first to see if they will send you the form, as if they require you to go through the procedure, it's usually the employer/uni that provides you with the form.
    That's no longer true - you can transfer them if you use the update service. I have one that has been updated for two other roles.

https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service

You’ll be able to take your DBS certificate from one job to the next, unless:
    * an employer asks you to get a new certificate
    * you need a certificate for a different type of ‘workforce’ (for example, you have an ‘adult workforce’ certificate and need a ‘child workforce’ certificate)
    * you need a different level certificate (for example, you have a standard DBS certificate and need an enhanced one)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.