Turn on thread page Beta

A bit concerned, advice pls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I got caught on the bus by a ticket inspector, however they ask for my id if I had any with me, which I did (my previous work ID) and ask if I have my driving licence, and I said no so he took my name down, and asked for my date of birth, but I gave him a wrong date of birth and a wrong address and he rang someone up find out but seem the person couldn't find it cos he took longer than usual but I told I need to get off my destination now and he said okay, came out with me printed a card and said I can either pay it now £40 or pay online.which I didn't. Now nlt sure if I should pay because the only information right he has about me is my name and I am not the only one baring that name in this country. Any advice pls??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why tf did you just not buy a ticket?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tola0)
    Hiya, I got caught on the bus by a ticket inspector, however they ask for my id if I had any with me, which I did (my previous work ID) and ask if I have my driving licence, and I said no so he took my name down, and asked for my date of birth, but I gave him a wrong date of birth and a wrong address and he rang someone up find out but seem the person couldn't find it cos he took longer than usual but I told I need to get off my destination now and he said okay, came out with me printed a card and said I can either pay it now £40 or pay online.which I didn't. Now nlt sure if I should pay because the only information right he has about me is my name and I am not the only one baring that name in this country. Any advice pls??
    They know where they used to work so can probably find you that way, and then they have the CCTV from the bus to confirm that you are the "John Smith" they are looking for. I have no idea whether or not they'd actually try and track you down, but they have everything they need to do it. Make of that what you will.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.