Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi SFE

I received confirmation letters today (thank you so much, super speedy!) however neither confirmed the maintenance loan amounts I've been approved for.

I've been accepted on to a GEM course and was expecting to pay my first tuition instalment myself, however, one of the received letters says that the NHS will pay that amount this year.

Just looking for a little reassurance that that's a bug in the system? Also- will I receive a letter confirming maintenance quantities, my online profile has not updated?

Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by MissingPhoton)
    Hi SFE

I received confirmation letters today (thank you so much, super speedy!) however neither confirmed the maintenance loan amounts I've been approved for.

I've been accepted on to a GEM course and was expecting to pay my first tuition instalment myself, however, one of the received letters says that the NHS will pay that amount this year.

Just looking for a little reassurance that that's a bug in the system? Also- will I receive a letter confirming maintenance quantities, my online profile has not updated?

Thanks!
    Hi MissingPhoton,

Can you confirm what letter that you have received from Student Finance and what is the name of the course and the University you will be attending?

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi MissingPhoton,

Can you confirm what letter that you have received from Student Finance and what is the name of the course and the University you will be attending?

Thanks

Louise
    Hi!

I received two letters; 'Student Finance for Your Graduate Entry Course' and 'Your Student Finance in Academic Year 2018/19'

A101 Graduate Entry Medicine at Oxford University.

The former letter was a general 'you pay £X and we will give you a loan for the rest in your first year.' It also states you can get 'a Maintenance Loan from us'

The latter letter, however states 'The NHS will pay £X of your tuition fees and you're eligible for a reduced-rate maintenance loan from us' which is disconcerting, because this should only be true for years 2-4, and I am due to enter in year 1.

Thanks so much!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi!

I received two letters; 'Student Finance for Your Graduate Entry Course' and 'Your Student Finance in Academic Year 2018/19'

A101 Graduate Entry Medicine at Oxford University.

The former letter was a general 'you pay £X and we will give you a loan for the rest in your first year.' It also states you can get 'a Maintenance Loan from us'

The latter letter, however states 'The NHS will pay £X of your tuition fees and you're eligible for a reduced-rate maintenance loan from us' which is disconcerting, because this should only be true for years 2-4, and I am due to enter in year 1.

Thanks so much!
    Hi MissingPhoton,

I would advise that you contact student finance on 0300 100 0607 to make sure that they have that you are going into the 1st year of the medicine course, I have also provided a link for the Student Finance Calculator this will give you an estimate of your entitlement amount.

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi MissingPhoton,

I would advise that you contact student finance on 0300 100 0607 to make sure that they have that you are going into the 1st year of the medicine course, I have also provided a link for the Student Finance Calculator this will give you an estimate of your entitlement amount.

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ
    Hi Catherine,

I just called and couldn't find ant option to speak to a human. Calling from the USA is... not inexpensive.

Is there an e-mail address I can use to reach someone?

Thanks so much for your help!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Catherine,

I just called and couldn't find ant option to speak to a human. Calling from the USA is... not inexpensive.

Is there an e-mail address I can use to reach someone?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Hi MissingPhoton,

If you message one of the advisors on https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/ or https://twitter.com/SF_England they can access your account and check this for you.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi MissingPhoton,

If you message one of the advisors on https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/ or https://twitter.com/SF_England they can access your account and check this for you.

Thanks

Catherine
    Hey Catherine, I shot you a PM about this- any advice for someone without either facebook or twitter?!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey Catherine, I shot you a PM about this- any advice for someone without either facebook or twitter?!
    Hi MissingPhoton,

I'm afraid that we are unable to answer PM'S on The Student Room as it's not secure.

Thanks

Catherine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.