Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My pc has a i5 4460, GTX 960, 8GB DDR3 for £200-250, granted i did steal some stuff but still you could get a used i5 for the price of a new i3 or get ryzen 5 1400 as it offers much better performance, looking for good deals can help a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    As another comparison I figured I'd throw together something really budget. Ended up with a 1050Ti, i3 processor, 8GB RAM and all in an ITX case so nice and portable. Came to around £500. I'm not super familiar with AMD stuff but I would imagine if the i3 and 1050Ti were swapped out for equivalent or cheaper AMD parts then some money could be cut from that. Or some other creature comforts like an SSD could be added. That said it doesn't include peripherals but it's still cheaper than the laptop alternative.

Although speaking of peripherals, in your comparison the Blade would actually come with everything you need besides a mouse. The £1000 PC I assume doesn't come with a capable monitor or peripherals. So when you factor that in it'd only be a few hundred cheaper. Still far better but not as drastic a difference as it would seem.
    I included a monitor in the price. Used the Asus vx24ah, 24 inch 1440p monitor. As for peripherals you an pick up a decent mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse fairly cheaply but for the money saved you could go overtop with a Blackwidow v2 + Naga Trinity combo and still have enough money left over to buy a ps4 and a couple of games...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    I included a monitor in the price. Used the Asus vx24ah, 24 inch 1440p monitor. As for peripherals you an pick up a decent mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse fairly cheaply but for the money saved you could go overtop with a Blackwidow v2 + Naga Trinity combo and still have enough money left over to buy a ps4 and a couple of games...
    Ah that's fair enough. £1000 looked to be about the right price for a capable 1440p machine so I assumed peripherals were not included. But yeah, either way it's still far cheaper although the 1440p laptop market is not exactly abundant in choice.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.