Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was awarded a Diploma of Higher Education from my brick university as I completed two years of study with them. Can I transfer to the OU with this or as it is already an award in its own right would this prevent me from doing so? I emailed OU but they just replied with a copy and paste of the credit transfer page which doesn't explicitly calm my anxiety about this.

ReputationRep:
    I can appreciate the anxiety, I'm often the same. They just copied-and-pasted, though, as it probably does answer the question, just not as specifically as you were hoping.

Did you try the "Check if my previous study is eligible for credit transfer" link on the OU's credit transfer page? It should lead you to this page:
    http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-t...warding-powers

In part, it states, "If you have successfully completed some study at a UK or Republic of Ireland institution with degree awarding powers you are likely to be eligible for credit transfer. You may have studied towards a certificate of higher education, diploma of higher education, foundation degree, higher national diploma, bachelor’s degree, a postgraduate qualification or a smaller stand-alone qualification or module."

You're golden. Now you just have to see how much credit they'll give you. Fingers crossed for green-lighting you right to the final year.

Edited as I realised you're probably going to still be nervous over the word "towards". Don't be. Just call them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyCynic)
    I can appreciate the anxiety, I'm often the same. They just copied-and-pasted, though, as it probably does answer the question, just not as specifically as you were hoping.

Did you try the "Check if my previous study is eligible for credit transfer" link on the OU's credit transfer page? It should lead you to this page:
    http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-t...warding-powers

In part, it states, "If you have successfully completed some study at a UK or Republic of Ireland institution with degree awarding powers you are likely to be eligible for credit transfer. You may have studied towards a certificate of higher education, diploma of higher education, foundation degree, higher national diploma, bachelor’s degree, a postgraduate qualification or a smaller stand-alone qualification or module."

You're golden. Now you just have to see how much credit they'll give you. Fingers crossed for green-lighting you right to the final year.
    Thanks

It's just the wording "studied towards a...diploma of higher education" makes it sound like you've not been awarded a diploma but had credits towards one.

I studied 240 credits at a brick university so I should be fine, right?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GG306)
    Yes, that is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GG306)
    Thanks

It's just the wording "studied towards a...diploma of higher education" makes it sound like you've not been awarded a diploma but had credits towards one.

Yeah, you're fine. This thinly disguised ad in the Mirror specifically mentions HNDs, equivalent to the DipHE.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.