The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Accommodation at DMU

Hey, I was just wondering under which circumstances does availability for accommodation change? Is it only when people cancel their bookings, or do certain rooms only become available later in the day?

I finally managed to get onto the booking page and I was considering going to either Liberty Court or The Glassworks, but both have ended up fully booked. At this point in time only Liberty Park is available out of all of the accommodations, including places other than that of Liberty Court or The Glassworks.

What's the likelihood that more rooms will become available later on? Should I just wait, or should I start looking for private accommodation?
Original post by NaomiPT
Hey, I was just wondering under which circumstances does availability for accommodation change? Is it only when people cancel their bookings, or do certain rooms only become available later in the day?

I finally managed to get onto the booking page and I was considering going to either Liberty Court or The Glassworks, but both have ended up fully booked. At this point in time only Liberty Park is available out of all of the accommodations, including places other than that of Liberty Court or The Glassworks.

What's the likelihood that more rooms will become available later on? Should I just wait, or should I start looking for private accommodation?

Contact and talk to accommodation.
Find out where you are in the line.
If places are already full does that mean a provisional allocation now? Plenty of unis wait till results? If DMU do not, then there should be a tranche of students who do not make offers, decide not to go to uni or get homesick. That is how places will become available.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending