Turn on thread page Beta

Can't stop bad thoughts from coming in my head : need urgent help watch

I had bad friends in Yr 9 who introduced me to sexual content and said it was fine to watch. I knew it was bad but I became addicted to it and cant stop my lust and bad thoughts coming into my head. This problem is ongoing, and becuase my life is becoming worse.
    I did terribly in my GCSEs as I spent more time looking at bad things instead of studying.

Before problem, I achieved a scholarship to an excellent school, but ever since, I've been spiralling out of control.

I dont want to ruin my A-Level grades and ruin my life.

For some time, I thought perhaps finding a girlfriend when I go to uni would help me get rid of this as I would respect and love a woman without thinking badly about them. This worked for a week, but no more.

Please give advice, guys ( and ladies)

ReputationRep:
    If these negative thoughts are linked to your awful 'friends' from year nine (been there), you could let your emotions out through writing (poems or stories or whatever), talk to somebody you trust and really open up, or see a professional. It doesn't sound that bad, but if you feel this way (and I can't judge) then you need to decide what will help you because there are many options available: friends, family, teachers, professionals.
    what you could do is try to control your thoughts so if you think your mind is straying into 'unfriendly territory' then stop and think about something more positive - something you enjoy doing or something you need to do. Or if this doesn't work for you, keep your mind busy - do other things like homework, talk to friends, go out with friends or just try to regain perspective about who you want to be and who you are.
    If you feel that you are thinking these things, try to reason with them, tell yourself no and you don't want to think these things.

Just hold on, OK?
    I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    how often are you looking at bad things every day?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.