Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My life from high potential to failiure watch

Announcements

I'm 25 and having a quarter life crisis, I'm not in a career I like.

going back 10 years, I was bullied lost all my friends as I used to be popular girl. It affected my decisions as I had nonl social life or confidence in school. My mum made me wear a hijab and I became more unpopular. I made an aim to focus on my studies and got straight As in my gcse and I wanted to be a doctor but the revision was painful. In alevels I studied sciences and painfully studied but didn't do well as I had no friends and studied all myself.

I then chose study psychology but university was weird and I still didn't gain confidence and was nervous wreck but got degree. I was coming across as socially awkward. I wanted to pass my driving test spent 2k on lessons and tests but never passed because I am nervous around examiner.

I work in a government office and I hate it there too and haven't made friends and I am close to quitting. I don't have backup job yet. I'd rather work for myself and wish I knew how to run a business. I worry about finances and I know I could be somethi g great if I can stick to something.

I also had a guy come in my life who distracted me in a bad way.

I have no peace in my life and I worry about all these things.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just want to let you know that i have been going through depression for more than 3 years now and it all started when i failed my IGCSE and tbh with you i was quite famous in my school and after failing my IGCSE i stopped talking to people thinking what my friends or classmates would say about me.They started messaging me but i never responded to their message after a while they stopped messaging me. I was doing BTEC and i remember my mom didn't like BTEC and she always wanted me to do A level and As level. My dad was fine with it .My mom and dad would send me to the most expensive uni as they don't compromise on education if i had the grade to go in to university but if i don't they would discourage me and tbh the most bad feeling is when your parents say hurting things to you and i'm not saying that they don't love me. My parents have done a lot for me and i have done lot for them as well. They are worried about me but i'm just saying that parents should just believe that Allah (S.W.T) that he will do better for me and if they keep hurting me in order to get good grades then i will get depressed.. I'm telling you my story just to make you feel better.

I failed my Driving test two times and i had no hope passing 3rd time but i did and not because i don't know how to ride a car but only because i was driving slow on roads so i can pass my driving test but they failed me because of that.. don't drive slow or too fast and i you will pass. If you want tips i will be here to help you

Business is not that easy. I know that you can become a millionaire if you have a successful business but in business you have to take a lot of risk and if business not of your interest then don't go for it. but if you want to start a business then take a help from someone as this is the best option. I would say save your money and invest it somewhere

Pray five times a day and honestly you feel so good and eventually your life will get better and blessings will shower on you

ReputationRep:
    I relate with you so much about the non social life, focusing on school with high grades, and the anxiety around driving tests. I still dont have my driving license today because of it. Maybe staying at your job right now for as long as you can possible bear it (I dont know how bad it is for you) and look at other available jobs you could apply for in the mean time that you might like better. Maybe you could also find some classes to enrol in that give a general understanding of how to run a business, I know my university sends out a lot of emails of presentations in my area of local business talking about how they did it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoymous2536)
    Hey, I just want to let you know that i have been going through depression for more than 3 years now and it all started when i failed my IGCSE and tbh with you i was quite famous in my school and after failing my IGCSE i stopped talking to people thinking what my friends or classmates would say about me.They started messaging me but i never responded to their message after a while they stopped messaging me. I was doing BTEC and i remember my mom didn't like BTEC and she always wanted me to do A level and As level. My dad was fine with it .My mom and dad would send me to the most expensive uni as they don't compromise on education if i had the grade to go in to university but if i don't they would discourage me and tbh the most bad feeling is when your parents say hurting things to you and i'm not saying that they don't love me. My parents have done a lot for me and i have done lot for them as well. They are worried about me but i'm just saying that parents should just believe that Allah (S.W.T) that he will do better for me and if they keep hurting me in order to get good grades then i will get depressed.. I'm telling you my story just to make you feel better.

I failed my Driving test two times and i had no hope passing 3rd time but i did and not because i don't know how to ride a car but only because i was driving slow on roads so i can pass my driving test but they failed me because of that.. don't drive slow or too fast and i you will pass. If you want tips i will be here to help you

Business is not that easy. I know that you can become a millionaire if you have a successful business but in business you have to take a lot of risk and if business not of your interest then don't go for it. but if you want to start a business then take a help from someone as this is the best option. I would say save your money and invest it somewhere

Pray five times a day and honestly you feel so good and eventually your life will get better and blessings will shower on you
    so dis you get into uni?

(Original post by eridiff321)
    I relate with you so much about the non social life, focusing on school with high grades, and the anxiety around driving tests. I still dont have my driving license today because of it. Maybe staying at your job right now for as long as you can possible bear it (I dont know how bad it is for you) and look at other available jobs you could apply for in the mean time that you might like better. Maybe you could also find some classes to enrol in that give a general understanding of how to run a business, I know my university sends out a lot of emails of presentations in my area of local business talking about how they did it.
    Yh i want to quit, I have been saving up and money is good but I can't stand this career that I have had for 3 years. I wanted to do something science related like medicine or pharmacy ect but never applied, I had bCCB in alevels which wasn t good enough. when I went uni I had accepted it was wasn t meant to be and studied psychology and said I would be a science teacher but my nervousness was ruining everything

I just think what was point of my degree, I could have just worked from a young age. And I also think my hijab stops me from feeling confident

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents what you feel like and i'm sure they will understand.

(Original post by Annoymous2536)
    Tell your parents what you feel like and i'm sure they will understand.
    ok have but they just keep saying I am earning good money and wht am I throwing that away. But I am so unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    @jasmin058 i didn't get into uni yet.. I'm in college right now but i have credit's to get into university..Plz keep me in your prayers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they will. Try explaining them again and tell them you are unhappy and if they are not understanding go to a relative or family member and tell them what you are going through so they can explain them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.