The Student Room Group

Changing Uni's

Hi! I applied to around last year and decided to take a gap year. I've already been accepted into my first choice uni so now I'm just waiting until September to start however I've changed my mind on my uni choice. I now want to go to my insurance uni. How do I change unis? I know you need to email them but I don't know what to say. The uni I want to move to was my insurance and they accepted me. Is it just as simple as asking to move to their uni?
Original post by lhudson98
Hi! I applied to around last year and decided to take a gap year. I've already been accepted into my first choice uni so now I'm just waiting until September to start however I've changed my mind on my uni choice. I now want to go to my insurance uni. How do I change unis? I know you need to email them but I don't know what to say. The uni I want to move to was my insurance and they accepted me. Is it just as simple as asking to move to their uni?

You need to email your firm and ask to be released into clearing and then go to your insurance with your clearing number.
Original post by lhudson98

With a deferred offer you would need to reapply this cycle to change your choice.

Ring your old insurance up and explain your situation and ask whether they would honour their previous offer if you reapply this month. If they are encouraging then withdraw from your deferred place and reapply through ucas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending