Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've met the conditions of my offer at King's and they sent me a message saying that they can't change the offer status to unconditional until I accept it and pay the deposit.

Has anyone been in similar situation? Is this the usual process?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds weird... They can pull offers out so I'm unsure as to why they wouldn't be able to change the status offer? You also don't have to pay a deposit in order to get an unconditional but I'd phone them up just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought! It sounded a bit strange to me. I guess I should call them as you suggested. Thanks again

(Original post by Wikia)
    Sounds weird... They can pull offers out so I'm unsure as to why they wouldn't be able to change the status offer? You also don't have to pay a deposit in order to get an unconditional but I'd phone them up just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am an international student and am facing the same problem. What did they say when you called them?

(Original post by Alysar)
    Hey guys,

I've met the conditions of my offer at King's and they sent me a message saying that they can't change the offer status to unconditional until I accept it and pay the deposit.

Has anyone been in similar situation? Is this the usual process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcl_2018)
    Hello! I am an international student and am facing the same problem. What did they say when you called them?
    Actually I haven't called yet. I went through my offer letter again just to make sure I got all the info right. Now per the letter, I have to accept and pay my deposit by the end of April (even if I haven't met the requirements yet.) The deadline for meeting the rquirements is 31st August.

If I understood the "next steps" section correctly, I have to accept and pay first to secure my place at the program (even if I managed to meet the condition of my offer before the deadline). Only then they will update my offer to unconditional.

It still doesn't make sense to me but this is what the letter implies!

Best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your response and congratulations

(Original post by Alysar)
    Actually I haven't called yet. I went through my offer letter again just to make sure I got all the info right. Now per the letter, I have to accept and pay my deposit by the end of April (even if I haven't met the requirements yet.) The deadline for meeting the rquirements is 31st August.

If I understood the "next steps" section correctly, I have to accept and pay first to secure my place at the program (even if I managed to meet the condition of my offer before the deadline). Only then they will update my offer to unconditional.

It still doesn't make sense to me but this is what the letter implies!

Best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I hope you can help me.

If I get a conditional offer (because I haven't passed the IELTS yet) how much time will I have to pass the test? More precisely, on average how much time do they give you to meet all the requirements (that made your offer conditional)?
    Also, is it possible to pay the deposit while still waiting for the IELTS results?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monique27)
    Hi,
    I hope you can help me.

If I get a conditional offer (because I haven't passed the IELTS yet) how much time will I have to pass the test? More precisely, on average how much time do they give you to meet all the requirements (that made your offer conditional)?
    Also, is it possible to pay the deposit while still waiting for the IELTS results?
    Thanks
    Hi Monique27,

I'm very sorry for the late reply. I haven't logged in since ages!! Anyways, I hope my response would still help. My offer letter stated that the conditions should be met by 30 August. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone. The deadline for meeting your conditions should be stated in your offer letter.

And yes you can pay the deposit while waiting for your results.

All the best and sorry again!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.