Turn on thread page Beta

I'll try to keep this short as there's another 100 of these threads a day.

But this girl I met a few months ago at a house party, we talked for about 2 minutes there as it would have been awkward to just sit there. She then added me the next day which I found weird because we barely knew each other.

So last week she went to a club with my friend's friend group and I conveniently was going there too with another group and my friend told that friend group that I was going. She was there earlier than me about 2 hours and she had asked 3 times whether I was coming or not. We talked a little but nothing to spark anything.

Then yesterday I went with my friend to the SU and she was there too (she had no knowledge I was going). We actually talked properly this time for about 20 mins between ourselves. We talked about friend pyramids (as in acquaintances, friends, best friends etc). She was talking about how she doesn't treat anyone as a friend even in her uni course they're all acquaintances (just barely). This then bounces back to that house party a few months ago as to why she added me if I only talked to her for 2 minutes. I then mocked it as an ego and she like playfully hit me in a very light way.

I know it's vague but what should I do in terms of this? I don't have any proper feelings for her other than she's a 9/10.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll try to keep this short as there's another 100 of these threads a day.

But this girl I met a few months ago at a house party, we talked for about 2 minutes there as it would have been awkward to just sit there. She then added me the next day which I found weird because we barely knew each other.

So last week she went to a club with my friend's friend group and I conveniently was going there too with another group and my friend told that friend group that I was going. She was there earlier than me about 2 hours and she had asked 3 times whether I was coming or not. We talked a little but nothing to spark anything.

Then yesterday I went with my friend to the SU and she was there too (she had no knowledge I was going). We actually talked properly this time for about 20 mins between ourselves. We talked about friend pyramids (as in acquaintances, friends, best friends etc). She was talking about how she doesn't treat anyone as a friend even in her uni course they're all acquaintances (just barely). This then bounces back to that house party a few months ago as to why she added me if I only talked to her for 2 minutes. I then mocked it as an ego and she like playfully hit me in a very light way.

I know it's vague but what should I do in terms of this? I don't have any proper feelings for her other than she's a 9/10.
    If you have her number or social media account then it just start talking to her on there. Find common interests and talk about that and since she goes to your uni you could try to meet up after classes for a coffee or a drink at the SU bar (if there's one). Keep with the playful teasing and flirt every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    Could you develop feelings for her? Or can you tell already that she isn't for you?

ReputationRep:
    How was the party?

ReputationRep:
    Here are signs that a girl likes you:
    She likes talking to you.
    She laughs at what you say.
    She's afraid to meet your eyes.
    She notices you.
    She licks her lips.
    She smiles at you.
    She doesn't like you flirting with other girls.
    She hugs you.
    She touches you.
    Her friends give you clues that she like you
    She seeks you out to talk to.
    She develops interests in your interests.
    She blushes around you.
    She plays with her hair around you.
    She bumps into you frequently.
    She shows off her body.
    Her arms are relaxed or wide when she's talking to you.
    She breaks away from conversations with her friends to talk to you.
    She compliments you when you're looking good.
    She hints that she's single.
    She's down to hang out.
    She opens up to you.
    She talks about doing something in the future with you.
    She follows you online and likes your posts.
    She puts away her phone when she's with you.
    You text frequently.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.