Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Childcare costs and parent learning allowance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is there a house income limit on these as I've read if your income isn't under 16,000 for either of these you won't receive them .... Just because someone's income may be 20,000 doesn't mean they can afford childcare ... I have extra bills to pay out for as do many others !? Please help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Jollyjohn)
    Is there a house income limit on these as I've read if your income isn't under 16,000 for either of these you won't receive them .... Just because someone's income may be 20,000 doesn't mean they can afford childcare ... I have extra bills to pay out for as do many others !? Please help
    Hi John,

Grants for Dependents (GFD's) such as childcare and Parental Learning allowance are assessed differently from Maintenance Loan.

Although we would require total household income to determine eligibility it is also assessed on family circumstances , such as if you are a lone parent or married /living with partner and how many children that you have in order to determine eligibility.

Thanks

Louise

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.