Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am going to apply for finance but as I am an EU student I need to complete the form. I have not applied to uni yet, will apply soon but as I have not applied yet therefore have not received any offers...do i have to leave the section blank or just write the uni and course that I will put as my first choice on my ucas application? Thank you
    And I would have one more question if anyone from SFE sees this or anyone who knows about this. I would want to apply for a micro worker loan to help me with my maintenance cost during my studies and if anyone can give me some guidance or steps I need to follow in order to apply for that loan would be great. (can't apply for maintenance loan as when the course will start I would have only been in UK for 3 years and can't apply as a child of a migrant worker as my dad has only been in the uk for 4 years) thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by HorribleDude)
    I am going to apply for finance but as I am an EU student I need to complete the form. I have not applied to uni yet, will apply soon but as I have not applied yet therefore have not received any offers...do i have to leave the section blank or just write the uni and course that I will put as my first choice on my ucas application? Thank you
    And I would have one more question if anyone from SFE sees this or anyone who knows about this. I would want to apply for a micro worker loan to help me with my maintenance cost during my studies and if anyone can give me some guidance or steps I need to follow in order to apply for that loan would be great. (can't apply for maintenance loan as when the course will start I would have only been in UK for 3 years and can't apply as a child of a migrant worker as my dad has only been in the uk for 4 years) thanks.
    Hi HorribleDude,

In answer to your questions , I would suggest that you submit your application with your first choice of University and course in order for us to process your application. If the university or course changes you can change this at a later date.
    If you are an EU national and you or a family member (Dad) have been working in the UK prior to your course starting and will be in continuous employment throughout your studies you can still apply as a Migrant Worker or Child of a Migrant worker. You do not require 5 years residency in order to apply for Migrant worker Status.

If you wish to apply for Maintenance Loan in addition to Tuition fees as a Migrant Worker /Child of Migrant worker you will be required to provide the following evidence along with a PN1 application.

Student is employed

• The students original Passport or National ID Card
    • A copy of the students contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which the student works if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if the student is on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the students employment status with their employer)
    • The students last 3 months payslips (if available)
    • The students most recent P60 (if available)
    • Termly evidence

or if you wish to apply as the child of an Migrant worker you will have to provide the below evidence.

Parent/Step parent is employed

• The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card
    • A photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
    • If the family member is a step parent, we will need to see the original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card .
    • A copy of the parent or step parents contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which they work if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if they are on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the employment status with their employer)
    • The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
    • The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
    • Termly evidence

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi HorribleDude,

In answer to your questions , I would suggest that you submit your application with your first choice of University and course in order for us to process your application. If the university or course changes you can change this at a later date.
    If you are an EU national and you or a family member (Dad) have been working in the UK prior to your course starting and will be in continuous employment throughout your studies you can still apply as a Migrant Worker or Child of a Migrant worker. You do not require 5 years residency in order to apply for Migrant worker Status.

If you wish to apply for Maintenance Loan in addition to Tuition fees as a Migrant Worker /Child of Migrant worker you will be required to provide the following evidence along with a PN1 application.

Student is employed

• A copy of the students contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which the student works if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if the student is on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the students employment status with their employer)
    • The students last 3 months payslips (if available)
    • The students most recent P60 (if available)
    • Termly evidence

or if you wish to apply as the child of an Migrant worker you will have to provide the below evidence.

Parent/Step parent is employed

• The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card
    • A photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
    • If the family member is a step parent, we will need to see the original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card .
    • A copy of the parent or step parents contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which they work if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if they are on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the employment status with their employer)
    • The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
    • The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
    • Termly evidence

Thanks

Louise
    I would like to ask one more question. Does the parent that I will put up in my application must be a full time worker? Or is it ok if he/she works only part time?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I would like to ask one more question. Does the parent that I will put up in my application must be a full time worker? Or is it ok if he/she works only part time?
    Hi HorribleDude,

Your parent (the migrant worker) can be working full-time or part-time, as long as the level of income is considered enough to live on.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, one more question, I put on the PN1 form that I live with both of my parents, which is true...but what proof do I need to send in? 1 parent of choice or the proof for both of them? (Copy of contract, letter from employer, P60, payslips and passport)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi, one more question, I put on the PN1 form that I live with both of my parents, which is true...but what proof do I need to send in? 1 parent of choice or the proof for both of them? (Copy of contract, letter from employer, P60, payslips and passport)
    Hi HorribleDude,

Both parents will support your application by providing their their household income.

The employment evidence, ID etc is for the parent that is the Migrant Worker.

Thanks Rona

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.