Turn on thread page Beta

I hate being a subject captain - Advice please watch

(WARNING- A LONG RANT) I’m in year 12 currently and I applied to be one of the senior prefects for the year and instead got given the newly created role of (subject [I’m not gonna what subject say cos I will die if anyone finds out that it’s me]) captain and I literally hate it so much. I still get to be part of the head girl and boy team but everything I have to do is tailored to music ffs.

Here’s the thing. I don’t even take the subject and the degree I want to do has nothing to do with it. But at my school, no one takes the subject for A Level.

However, prior to my interview, I still did a lot of extra curricular activities in this department and still do now (mostly cos I’m too scared of the teachers to stop). All I’ve ever been known as is ‘the (subject) girl and I hate it so much. I thought being a senior prefect could help me show everyone that I’m much more than the (subject) girl. BUT LOL NOPE. They gave me the role of (subject) captain because they know I ‘absolutely love the subject!’

I used to have so much passion and love for this subject but being captain has driven me to hate it. I essentially run two clubs and attend more clubs. I’m so busy with academic stuff and recently had exams so, keeping up with it has been so difficult. I even was forced to cancel some of the sessions (they run at lunch) because of prefect meetings and exams that were during lunch.

I’ve been yelled at by the teachers in the department for being irresponsible and a bad example to lower school students. I’ve also been yelled at by the head of sixth form for being a bad subject captain but I never even wanted it in the first place.

It’s one of those things when you can’t really say no, like when your grandma gets you socks for Christmas. You can’t really say no because you feel obliged to take them.

I honestly don’t know what to do- any advice would be really helpful x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ask to not be it anymore

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.