The Student Room Group

english help

i know this sounds stupid but can someone help me in english language and possibly literature if theyve studied the novel, im aiming for a 7( or possibly higher but thats impossible) if thats alright? like swap info details and help me?
Reply 1
Original post by chloesky2018
i know this sounds stupid but can someone help me in english language and possibly literature if theyve studied the novel, im aiming for a 7( or possibly higher but thats impossible) if thats alright? like swap info details and help me?

The novel

Which novel and plays?

What exam board are you doing?
Original post by IDOZ
The novel

Which novel and plays?

What exam board are you doing?

im doing aqa and i do inspector calls, jekyll and hyde and romeo and juliet, poetry i do love and relationships,
even if you havent done these novels id still love to get help for english language😊😊
Reply 3
im doing aqa and i do inspector calls, jekyll and hyde and romeo and juliet, poetry i do love and relationships,
even if you havent done these novels id still love to get help for english language😊😊

I did aqa and inspector calls but Macbeth and the sign of the four and power and conflict
I learnt key quotes that could link to other parts of the play and I looked at the change of each of the characters in the play - comparing them from the start and end
Original post by IDOZ
I did aqa and inspector calls but Macbeth and the sign of the four and power and conflict
I learnt key quotes that could link to other parts of the play and I looked at the change of each of the characters in the play - comparing them from the start and end

is it possible to go from a 3 to a 7, im only getting a lower grade because ive missed 2 years of school in england because i moved away
Reply 5
is it possible to go from a 3 to a 7, im only getting a lower grade because ive missed 2 years of school in england because i moved away

Yes, if you do lots of work
What year are you in now?
What year are your English exams?
Original post by IDOZ
Yes, if you do lots of work
What year are you in now?
What year are your English exams?

year 11 my grades are at 6 apart from english, exams are in 2 and a half months
Reply 7
year 11 my grades are at 6 apart from english, exams are in 2 and a half months

Focus mainly on Language, as that is more important than lit, but that's not to say that you shouldn't focus on lit at all.
Also, remember your other subjetcts

Create a revision timetable, that shows you where you have free time after school in the week and fill that time with revision. Try to divide it equally, but put the subjects that you have lower grades (Like English) at top priority and have a few more revision sessions of that subject. Remember to put in breaks, as its not good to continuously revise.
If there are any lunch time sessions, then go to those
Original post by IDOZ
Focus mainly on Language, as that is more important than lit, but that's not to say that you shouldn't focus on lit at all.
Also, remember your other subjetcts

Create a revision timetable, that shows you where you have free time after school in the week and fill that time with revision. Try to divide it equally, but put the subjects that you have lower grades (Like English) at top priority and have a few more revision sessions of that subject. Remember to put in breaks, as its not good to continuously revise.
If there are any lunch time sessions, then go to those

i need a 7 is that even possibleee??😭and thank youuu
Reply 9
i need a 7 is that even possibleee??😭and thank youuu

Like I said: if you try hard and revise, then you may get close to a 7 (maybe even higher
And Your welcome
Original post by IDOZ
Like I said: if you try hard and revise, then you may get close to a 7 (maybe even higher
And Your welcome

how would you get full marks on question 3 paper 1?
Reply 11
how would you get full marks on question 3 paper 1?

Remind me
Which is this one again?

Complete a practice question on it and then mark it. Put it away and then in about a week, redo the question again and see if you have improved

Quick Reply

Latest