Do I apply for student finance as a U.K. or EU national?

Watch
inmillity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a British expat living in an EU country have exercised my right to roam, meaning I'm eligible for a maintenance loan. Do I apply as a UK national then? (Being a UK national)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by inmillity)
I'm a British expat living in an EU country have exercised my right to roam, meaning I'm eligible for a maintenance loan. Do I apply as a UK national then? (Being a UK national)
Yes.
inmillity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes.
Thank you!
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by inmillity)
Hi inmillity,

A UK national does not need to meet the 3 year residency criteria if they have been exercising a right to reside in the EU or Switzerland. They must have been ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland for the 3 year period prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course, and will be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first term of their course.

We will however require confirmation that you have been ordinarily resident in the UK at some point in your life.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (387)
56.58%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed