Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just received an offer from the University of Salford for TV and radio production and instead of them requesting points which is what I was expecting, I have been asked for a B in politics and a B in media. However, I'm more likely expecting an A in media and a C in politics. I already have a full A level at C grade which may be why I've been asked for grades instead of points but I just want to know how likely it is I'll be accepted if I do in fact get a C in politics and not the B they're asking for. I'm also expecting an A in AS film but I don't think this will be considered.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to salford too. (Wildlife Conservation and Zoo biology) I'd suggest giving them a call BUT last year my friend needed three A's for her course and got two A's and an E and they still accepted her. Also If you're doing TV and Radio then surely Media is better than politics?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feebzie5)
    I've applied to salford too. (Wildlife Conservation and Zoo biology) I'd suggest giving them a call BUT last year my friend needed three A's for her course and got two A's and an E and they still accepted her. Also If you're doing TV and Radio then surely Media is better than politics?????
    I'm hoping so, I've sent an email to ask. The main reason I'm worried is because I'd like to sort out accomodation before I get my results but obviously don't want to waste that money. My friend has a sister there and and she knows people from different courses who got in without meeting the entry requirements so hopefully it should be fine. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahL600)
    I'm hoping so, I've sent an email to ask. The main reason I'm worried is because I'd like to sort out accomodation before I get my results but obviously don't want to waste that money. My friend has a sister there and and she knows people from different courses who got in without meeting the entry requirements so hopefully it should be fine. Thank you!
    Once you've accepted your offer apply for accommodation, if you don't get in then you get a full refund anyway.!! xx
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SarahL600)
    I've just received an offer from the University of Salford for TV and radio production and instead of them requesting points which is what I was expecting, I have been asked for a B in politics and a B in media. However, I'm more likely expecting an A in media and a C in politics. I already have a full A level at C grade which may be why I've been asked for grades instead of points but I just want to know how likely it is I'll be accepted if I do in fact get a C in politics and not the B they're asking for. I'm also expecting an A in AS film but I don't think this will be considered.
    Hi Sarah. We wouldn't be able to say at this stage how achieving an A and a C as oppose to 2 Bs would impact on your offer. In the instance this did happen, your application would be reviewed as a whole by the Admissions Team (personal statement, references, grades & interview) and they would make a decision on the status of your application. If they have included in your offer to achieve BB in Politics and Media, this is because they deemed you capable of achieving it based on your application. Please do try and not worry about this and continue working hard towards your current qualifications.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.