The Student Room Group

job

I am going to study Mechanical engineering in Greenwich University. But I am concern about job. When I will complete the course , can get a good job?
No one has ever left university and landed the job they had in mind. It doesn't happen. You will get a good job, yes, but not within weeks of leaving.
Original post by Hello tomorrow
I am going to study Mechanical engineering in Greenwich University. But I am concern about job. When I will complete the course , can get a good job?

Yes, you can, if you are a competitive enough applicant.
Depends on you. If you just do the bare minimum to complete the course then probably not. If you work hard, get a 1st or 2:1, get some relevant work experience and involve yourself in extra curriculars then you probably will get a good job.
Original post by esralled
No one has ever left university and landed the job they had in mind. It doesn't happen. You will get a good job, yes, but not within weeks of leaving.

Not true, there are people with job offers in second/third year of uni.

As far as the OP, it's possible that you will have a job either before leaving uni or soon after.

Whether you actually will or not is down to how well you hustle at university - staying on top of grades, getting work experience, getting involved on campus, networking with fellow engineers, applying to internships, building a solid CV, writing high quality applications, working on interview technique etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am accepted to study in Mechanical engineering in Greenwich University and london South bank university . now I want to know which one I should take. please help me.
Original post by Hello tomorrow
I am accepted to study in Mechanical engineering in Greenwich University and london South bank university . now I want to know which one I should take. please help me.

Hi, I've merged your threads together as they are on the same topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending