Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I seems that I have a tough decision to make and I need your help. I chose Sheffield, Newcastle, Loughborough and Bath for Software Engineering (Mobile and Def. Systems in Newcastle, Computing in Lboro and SE with Management in Bath) but recieved offers only from first two.

Due to the fact I'm not from uk my entry requirements are a slightly different from A levels' sandards and therefore I placed these 4 choices(there's Coventry as well but it's just in case of emergency) because in my case e.g Southhampton or Birmingham were unreachable.
    Looking at my four unis, I have to eliminate three of them(Coventry has to be chosen as a one of firm choices) and stay with the best.

As far as I recall most of the people were struggling to choose the having the best "excellence of teaching" and being the most "prestigious". In my case it's a bit different. I do care about the knowledge I can obtain and the further employability(!!!) but my top priority factors are :
    50% Strong students' union and huge variety of diverse societies and events(for instance Newcastle has foreign language course for free);
    20% big city atmosphere and opportunities (lboro👎, Bath 50/50);
    20% employer reputation - not only in uk;
    10% modern accomodation and buildings overall.
    I added the percentages to show relevance of how much I care about specific things but keep in mind that I still look for the best uni rank-wise though I added these unusual %.

I was almost sure that I'll place Sheffield on my list but somehow I doubt if that's the best place for me(idk why, honestly).
    If that helps, I try to have a really diverse life.I try to do something new everyday and discover new hobbies every time there's opportunity.

I hope I didn't mess up with explenation and it's at least legible
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.