Mini teacher rant Watch

mollylol
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Idk where else to post this, it's so irrelevant and i'll probably get replies like get over yourself haha but haha I firmed n insured my ucas choices today, AAB uni of Sheff, and another ABB uni, my predicted grades are ABC (got all 5 offers though, even one from York AAA which was fab), and my teacher who I had to sit with whilst doing it was like 'Sheffield is a bit ambitious' amongst other things. Nothing really to ask or say but has anyone else experienced this, like its so negative, idk, it just annoys me
Noodlestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That is quite rude but I say go for it! Prove them wrong
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I understand why you're annoyed, teachers should be as encouraging as they can be! Use this to motivate yourself to get the grades! I'm sure your teacher wasn't trying to hurt your feelings though, they're maybe just a bit worried you'll miss your firm as it's a couple of grades higher than your predicted ones. But again, it's best not to dwell on it and prove them wrong!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (614)
91.23%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (59)
8.77%

Watched Threads