Turn on thread page Beta

By-election manifestos & vote watch

• View Poll Results: Who should be elected as an MP?
    JoeL1994, TSR Labour Party
    45.95%
    Jsk800, TSR National Conservative Party
    9.46%
    TCFactor, TSR Liberal Party
    31.08%
    Scisaac, TSR Libertarian Party
    41.89%
    Little Toy Gun, TSR Conservative & Unionist Party
    28.38%
    Joep95, Independent candidate
    8.11%

• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    What is this?/I'm confused
    Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

TSR Labour Party

TSR National Conservative Party

TSR Liberal Party

TSR Libertarian Party

TSR Conservative & Unionist Party

I’m standing in this by-election because I believe in Conservative values and pragmatism - doing what is right for the country. I have the experience needed to be an MP and I believe that I have the policies needed to bring the country to recovery and ensure prosperity for future generations.

I support these policies:
    - A long-term goal of merging National Insurance and Income Tax together into a reformed Income Tax system that is transparent.
    -
    - Relieve the pressure on our students and teachers by removing SATs, and instead focusing on more practical teaching with less emphasis on memorising facts until it really matters.
    -
    - Treat cybercrime like any other crime and increase funding for community policing so that everyone can feel safe both online and offline, as well as ensuring that there are more safeguards around people being scammed online.
    -
    - Review how we operate refuse disposal as a country and impose restrictions on the use of non-recyclable materials in packaging when reasonable recyclable options are available. This includes introducing subsidies and expenditure so that we can have the infrastructure in place to recycle to the best of our ability.
    -
    - Increase the transparency of the rail franchise procurement process, and continue to demonstrate the safety of our public transportation. This will help us to put forward regulation to protect commuters from being held hostage by rail unions.
    -
    - Abolish the separate corporation tax bands and introduce a flat corporation tax rate.
    -
    - Continue the promotion of apprenticeships and the support that we as a parliament can offer young people in education and work.

With your vote, the policies above can be implemented to better our society and lead our great country to recovery. This doesn't contain a silver bullet to the immense challenges Britain faces but it sets the foundations for prosperity - based on reason, pragmatism and economic liberalism.

Vote Conservative.

Joep95
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Joep95 Nobody is the government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Seems like there has been a general lack of effort, especially from Joe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Seems like there has been a general lack of effort, especially from Joe.
    I made a change from last time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Joep95 Nobody is the government.
    It was submitted before cg’s incompetence was made public but it is still true
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    DayneD89 Mr Speaker, the candidates are all so **** I don't want to vote for anybody, where is Mr Spoilt Ballot?

ReputationRep:
    Reserve

ReputationRep:
    DayneD89 Mr Speaker, the candidates are all so **** I don't want to vote for anybody, where is Mr Spoilt Ballot?
    ''@'' don't work for Dayne he gets no notification you'll have to tag him instead
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Joep95)
    It was submitted before cg’s incompetence was made public but it is still true
    It is unoriginal, you had plenty of time to submit a new one, and it is true of everybody, I guess I'll vote for everybody then.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    @everybody

Approximate costing, people?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    DayneD89 i believe you have misspelled Scisaac as "Scisaas" if i'm misreading it tell me please. Thanks
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    @everybody

Approximate costing, people?
    Not sure on VAT yet as it depends how much it is cut by. £300million obviously for policing. Legalising and Taxing drugs will make the Government money (I'd say in the region of £1bn but it depends on the amount taxed). NIT will also likely save the Government money, but this isn't the reason for pursuing the policy and it'll probably be a negligible amount. Scrapping KS1 and KS2 stats will also save some money, but it will again be a fairly small amount.

Tldr: Hard to say as it depends on a variety of factors. Only two policies that will cost rather than save is funding policing and reducing VAT
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Hmmm, not sure whom to vote for :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Tommy1boy yes you can

ReputationRep:
    Hello ladies and gentlemen.

ReputationRep:
    I have voted although I won’t be revealing whom for.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Voted 🗳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I have voted although I won’t be revealing whom for.
    Joe lol
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Hello ladies and gentlemen.
    Whilst I probably disagree with you on loads of policies, it's nice to see other Nat Cons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Joe lol
    You’d be surprised.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.