Turn on thread page Beta

By-election manifestos & vote watch

• View Poll Results: Who should be elected as an MP?
    JoeL1994, TSR Labour Party
    45.95%
    Jsk800, TSR National Conservative Party
    9.46%
    TCFactor, TSR Liberal Party
    31.08%
    Scisaac, TSR Libertarian Party
    41.89%
    Little Toy Gun, TSR Conservative & Unionist Party
    28.38%
    Joep95, Independent candidate
    8.11%

ReputationRep:
    DayneD89 I can confirm you have misspelled my name in the poll. If you could amend it to the correct form that would be much appreciated, otherwise it would seem we had a phantom running in the by-election

ReputationRep:
    Vote for a veteran politician who's experienced, highly educated, and well-exposed to the world!

Your only option for a former secretary of state in coalitions spanning the past 4 years with 6 different parties; the only candidate who has worked with both ends of the political spectrum, with in-depth knowledge on international politics, having lived on 4 continents and worked with citizens of 60+ nations; your top choice for someone who's reliable, stable, and trustworthy, with an almost perfect voting record and a track-record of being committed in party leadership.

A statesman who has written and passed bills, a professional who has real world experience, a team-player who offers pragmatism and diplomacy.

Elect someone who knows what he is talking about - Choose the Conservatives, your commonsensicle choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Vote for a veteran politician who's experienced, highly educated, and well-exposed to the world!

Your only option for a former secretary of state in coalitions spanning the past 4 years with 6 different parties; the only candidate who has worked with both ends of the political spectrum, with in-depth knowledge on international politics, having lived on 4 continents and worked with citizens of 60+ nations; your top choice for someone who's reliable, stable, and trustworthy, with an almost perfect voting record and a track-record of being committed in party leadership.

A statesman who has written and passed bills, a professional who has real world experience, a team-player who offers pragmatism and diplomacy.

Elect someone who knows what he is talking about - Choose the Conservatives, your commonsensicle choice!
    Choose the Conservatives! Our leader is despised by the whole house and we’ve just overseen the third shortest government in MHOC history.

The definition of strong and stable, eh?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    DayneD89 Mr Speaker, the candidates are all so **** I don't want to vote for anybody, where is Mr Spoilt Ballot?
    I'm not restarting it for that xD. Tbh I've never seen the point in it, just don't vote.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    DayneD89 i believe you have misspelled Scisaac as "Scisaas" if i'm misreading it tell me please. Thanks
    Scisaac

Apologies, edited
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Choose the Conservatives! Our leader is despised by the whole house and we’ve just overseen the third shortest government in MHOC history.

Which were shorter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Which were shorter?
    LUG and the Lab-Lib of Parliament 20 that directly preceded LUG.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Hello ladies and gentlemen.
    Would you like to explain how many illegal immigrant detention centres there will be considering it's very difficult to measure the UK's illegal immigrant population?

Also, what inspired your use of the British Olympic team's logo on the manifesto?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Would you like to explain how many illegal immigrant detention centres there will be considering it's very difficult to measure the UK's illegal immigrant population?

Also, what inspired your use of the British Olympic team's logo on the manifesto?
    I believe that we do not have necessarily a lot of illegal immigrants, but the UK has granted their entrance in an excessive manner. I propose a stricter point system to both restrict this level of positive net-immigration, and filter by level of need of asylum/demand for labour, in order to achieve the best interests of the people and economy.

The British Olympic logo was inspired by the current Winter games in South Korea, of which I am a large supporter of our nation's team.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Vote for a veteran politician who's highly educated, and well-exposed to the world!
    Being well-exposed to the world has very little impact on an internet forum like this one.:sly: And I don't see how "education level" can be an indication of being good at this, given that we've had 14 year old prime ministers before.

Also, how does it feel to be using one of the Liberal's education policies?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jsk800)
    I believe that we do not have necessarily a lot of illegal immigrants, but the UK has granted their entrance in an excessive manner. I propose a stricter point system to both restrict this level of positive net-immigration, and filter by level of need of asylum/demand for labour, in order to achieve the best interests of the people and economy.

The British Olympic logo was inspired by the current Winter games in South Korea, of which I am a large supporter of our nation's team.
    You propose to build detention centres to house illegal immigrants awaiting deportation. How many do you plan to build given that the number of illegal immigrants in this country is difficult to measure by the nature of the demographic and you're proposing a system to complexify the process of knowing how many you're going to deport. So how do you plan on building these detention centres when you can't anticipate who the inmates will be?

ReputationRep:
    Being well-exposed to the world has very little impact on an internet forum like this one.:sly: And I don't see how "education level" can be an indication of being good at this, given that we've had 14 year old prime ministers before.

Also, how does it feel to be using one of the Liberal's education policies?
    banner1.png

I think it does. When you have real life experience, you know what real problems and concerns are. At least for your profession and for your class of people.

ReputationRep:
    Voted🗳🗳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)

I don't think that says anything about strength and stability as long as our leader has our party's and the electorates' support.

But regardless, that's not the platform we're standing on.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Hear, hear!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    banner1.png

I think it does. When you have real life experience, you know what real problems and concerns are. At least for your profession and for your class of people.
    I have no doubt that real life experience and knowing what real problems are is a good thing. But this is an internet forum, it's not real.

ReputationRep:
    I have no doubt that real life experience and knowing what real problems are is a good thing. But this is an internet forum, it's not real.
    Then why are you even here

ReputationRep:
    You propose to build detention centres to house illegal immigrants awaiting deportation. How many do you plan to build given that the number of illegal immigrants in this country is difficult to measure by the nature of the demographic and you're proposing a system to complexify the process of knowing how many you're going to deport. So how do you plan on building these detention centres when you can't anticipate who the inmates will be?
    Looking into estimates made, many consider the demand to be at about 500,000, and these estimates are not off the bat as per se. Considering in flows, tip-offs and other information collected from land lords and other providers, we can more accurately depict the scale of illegal immigration here in the UK.

As well as this, we do not consider the mission to be an over night task. Due to this, the objective can be taken in steps allowing to fully prepare and organise their departure. I am unable to give an accurate number of centres, however I believe the figure will be proportional to the number of areas of large populations. We do not wish to house these poeple until we organise their destination, therefore it would be more efficient to make prior plans before temporarily housing the people.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Vote for a politician who's has been a member of the house and has done very little in recent times...

Choose the Conservatives, your choice for a party of snakes and agreement go againsters!
    FTFY

I implore everyone to vote Liberal first and Libertarian second in this election.

#WeareLiberal
    #Therightchoiceforbritain
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    FTFY

I implore everyone to vote Liberal first and Libertarian second in this election.

#WeareLiberal
    #Therightchoiceforbritain
    Can't help but notice the irony in that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.