Turn on thread page Beta

By-election manifestos & vote watch

• View Poll Results: Who should be elected as an MP?
    JoeL1994, TSR Labour Party
    45.95%
    Jsk800, TSR National Conservative Party
    9.46%
    TCFactor, TSR Liberal Party
    31.08%
    Scisaac, TSR Libertarian Party
    41.89%
    Little Toy Gun, TSR Conservative & Unionist Party
    28.38%
    Joep95, Independent candidate
    8.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    FTFY

I implore everyone to vote Liberal first and Libertarian second in this election.

#WeareLiberal
    #Therightchoiceforbritain
    Very rude.

I prefer kinder, gentler politics.

And of course it's ironic that you are calling my party a party of snakes when you literally made a statement just days ago, calling yourself one. You said you snaked your way to the Liberal leadership, so I can't see how any other party could possibly take the title "party of snakes" from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Very rude.

I prefer kinder, gentler politics.

And of course it's ironic that you are calling my party a party of snakes when you literally made a statement just days ago, calling yourself one. You said you snaked your way to the Liberal leadership, so I can't see how any other party could possibly take the title "party of snakes" from you.
    Tell that to your party when they reneged against agreements for the good of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Can't help but notice the irony in that.
    As the right honourable member has found the time to comment petty things, I wonder if he has considered his position as leader of the party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    where is Mr Spoilt Ballot?
    It's the last option on the poll, "Joep95, Independent candidate".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    As the right honourable member has found the time to comment petty things, I wonder if he has considered his position as leader of the party?
    Are you going to keep begging me since you begging my party members to get me to resign didn't work? Yeah, that's petty.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to keep begging me since you begging my party members to get me to resign didn't work? Yeah, that's petty.
    Nothing petty. Would just like to see a governable Tory Party. You know I'll always have a sweet spot in my heart for that place. It is my former home after all.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Then why are you even here
    :crast: We all have our reasons. I find some mild entertainment value from the whole thing.

Seeing the Tories copying Liberal policies here was mildly amusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :crast: We all have our reasons. I find some mild entertainment value from the whole thing.

We all have our reasons to be there

We all have a thing or two to learn

We all needed something to cling to

So we did
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Nothing petty. Would just like to see a governable Tory Party. You know I'll always have a sweet spot in my heart for that place. It is my former home after all.
    The party doesn't need me in Leadership to know that the Liberals should probably be avoided for a while. Sweet spot? Being honest really isn't your thing is it...

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to your party when they reneged against agreements for the good of themselves.

Finally, I’m sure I’ll be painted as a Snake by certain people here. I finally admit it - I am. The fact is - I snaked my way to being leader, and I’ve snaked numerous times since then. It may not be the most honourable thing to do, but it’s how this place runs. It’s a feature of the game should you wish to play it, and those of you who paint it as a bad thing - it’s just how the game is meant to be played.
    I guess it's a compliment after all, from a self-proclaimed Snake and clearly a Snake Apologist.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just as amusing as the Liberals copying Libertarian policy?

You're very funny! Har har!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Patronising message from the Labour leader will do little to get them extra votes.

Substantial policy in the NatCons manifesto despite looking overly-polished on the presentation.

I'd be too partial to comment on my own party's especially since we haven't contained ourself to one image, meaning it's incomparable for me really.

Foreward by the Libertarians indicates to me that they are lacking people to be MPs. And why they want to "stand up against the government" when it's possible that they'll soon be in one indicates they haven't proofread given recent events.

Conservatives could do with thinking of their own policies. Can't help but see the irony in the claim to support "reason, pragmatism and economic liberalism".

Joe - not worthy of comment. (Though I like the pink.)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

Our candidate is an ex-libertarian, it's natural to happen and the two parties have natural overlap.

ReputationRep:
    How’s the bunker these days, Mr Former Prime Minister?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Conservatives could do with thinking of their own policies. Can't help but see the irony in the claim to support "reason, pragmatism and economic liberalism".
    And we have thought of our own policies, thanks. Doesn't help your case when you have a Libertarian idea in a Liberal manifesto.

Can't help but see the irony in the first few words of the full manifesto - "today, we live in turbulent times"...

Our candidate is an ex-libertarian, it's natural to happen and the two parties have natural overlap.
    So what makes this any different? Isn't it just natural like you say? Or is it different when the name on top of it says Conservative?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Which of their policies have we copied? I'll be happy to point each of our policies out in our general election manifesto
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    And we have thought of our own policies, thanks. Doesn't help your case when you have a Libertarian idea in a Liberal manifesto.

Can't help but see the irony in the first few words of the full manifesto - "today, we live in turbulent times"...

So what makes this any different? Isn't it just natural like you say? Or is it different when the name on top of it says Conservative?
    It's natural for a member of one party who used to be a member of another party to share views from the 2. When that member is standing for a by-election their manifesto should be reflective of their views. This is.

It's nothing to do with the fact that it says Conservative at the top except for the fact that you're the one who's included a policy from the Liberal manifesto at the GE, that you didn't have then.

ReputationRep:
    I like how this thread has gone from being a "by-election thread" to "let's attack CG thread" :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Which of their policies have we copied? I'll be happy to point each of our policies out in our general election manifesto
    NIT.

It's natural for a member of one party who used to be a member of another party to share views from the 2. When that member is standing for a by-election their manifesto should be reflective of their views. This is.
    I'm not talking about the member, I'm talking about the policies in the manifesto that is clearly under the name of your party.

And those views are the same - to implement NIT which is a Libertarian policy.

It's nothing to do with the fact that it says Conservative at the top except for the fact that you're the one who's included a policy from the Liberal manifesto at the GE, that you didn't have then.
    I think it does because the Liberal Party never had NIT in their manifesto until the recent GE, you did not have a pledge like that before then. But it's OK to copy something then because it's natural but not now because I assume it's unnatural? Sorry, your argument doesn't make any sense.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I like how this thread has gone from being a "by-election thread" to "let's attack CG thread" :rolleyes:
    Let's just say, I have a lot of fans.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.