Turn on thread page Beta

By-election manifestos & vote watch

• View Poll Results: Who should be elected as an MP?
    JoeL1994, TSR Labour Party
    45.95%
    Jsk800, TSR National Conservative Party
    9.46%
    TCFactor, TSR Liberal Party
    31.08%
    Scisaac, TSR Libertarian Party
    41.89%
    Little Toy Gun, TSR Conservative & Unionist Party
    28.38%
    Joep95, Independent candidate
    8.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    How about instead of *****ing about questions not being asked and implicitly insulting the rest of the house you answer the questions asked
    Patience is a virtue, Jammy, you'll get your costings. I've seen no other questions asked, although I doubt they'll make much difference to your votes.

ReputationRep:
    It is that time of the year again when naive students present their half-baked, brainless, counter-productive nitwit proposals to the world in hope of attracting more of their kind to vote for them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Patience is a virtue, Jammy, you'll get your costings. I've seen no other questions asked, although I doubt they'll make much difference to your votes.
    Regardless, you were complaining about a lack of questions without even acknowledging the existence of existing questions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, this was exactly the *****fest I expected, well done guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob E)
    It is that time of the year again when naive students present their half-baked, brainless, counter-productive nitwit proposals to the world in hope of attracting more of their kind to vote for them.
    That includes yourself as well

ReputationRep:
    How about no.
    when jesus say yes nobody can say no

ReputationRep:
    I voted for the establishment.

Normally my second vote would go to the Kippers or Libers however with the current situation of the Libers probably seeking to form a government with the Liberals and no standing deal with the Kippers i believe that defending the establishment is the right thing to do.

Incidentally i have felt ill for the past 24 hours or so, i wonder if its the result. Perhaps my Appendix will blow when we form our grand coalition next term.

My first vote of course went to the glorification of the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

Normally my second vote would go to the Kippers or Libers however with the current situation of the Libers probably seeking to form a government with the Liberals and no standing deal with the Kippers i believe that defending the establishment is the right thing to do.

Incidentally i have felt ill for the past 24 hours or so, i wonder if its the result. Perhaps my Appendix will blow when we form our grand coalition next term.

I can't believe you voted Labour. You do know 2nd vote is optional right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

You do realise that instead of selling out to Labour through bitterness you could have abstained from using your second vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I can't believe you voted Labour. You do know 2nd vote is optional right?
    You do realise that instead of selling out to Labour through bitterness you could have abstained from using your second vote?
    I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware.
    If you are aware why did you vote for Labour?

ReputationRep:
    Because the most likely outcome is a Lib-Liber coalition and any opposition that can be provided to that government should be encouraged.

ReputationRep:
    Because the most likely outcome is a Lib-Liber coalition and any opposition that can be provided to that government should be encouraged.
    Toxic atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Toxic atmosphere.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Saracen's Fez are you going to vote for me to defend the establishment like Rakas has?

Also cuz I couldn't stop thinking of your name while I was in Turkey and Egypt

ReputationRep:
    In the ideal world, we would make an agreement to vote for each other, but alas.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Saracen's Fez are you going to vote for me to defend the establishment like Rakas has?

Also cuz I couldn't stop thinking of your name while I was in Turkey and Egypt
    No, not least because I've voted already and can't change it now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What a surprise, another by election with the questions ignored, made even better by JoeL1994 complaining that questions weren't being asked and PetrosAC saying on behalf of TCFactor that he would be providing rough costing.

ReputationRep:
    What a surprise, another by election with the questions ignored, made even better by JoeL1994 complaining that questions weren't being asked and PetrosAC saying on behalf of TCFactor that he would be providing rough costing.
    Please point me to the other questions asked that isn't yours on costing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    No, not least because I've voted already and can't change it now.
    How disappointing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.