Turn on thread page Beta

GYG 2018... TheEnchantress: Stu(dying), Stu(died)... Coincidence, I think not? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I decided to start a GYG thread as I'm a hardcore procrastinator and I felt like it's time now for me to take responsibility and not have a panic attack on the sunday before half term starts because I haven't completed all my work (okay, it only happened once but that's more than in enough to make me realise my real priorities in life.)

I'm currently in year 12 studying Biology, Chemistry and Psychologyand bloody hell it's been one hell of a ride.

I'm starting this thread to keep track of what I study, how much and how I study best to figure out why even though I put in a lot of effort in my studies my grades don't reflect that (currently getting A's in Psychology, D's in Chemistry: understand the topic just need to practise more questions and E's in Biology, which is disheartening as I put so much effort in yet nothing stays in my brain and during the process I end up neglecting the other two).

This is quite hard to make as everyone on TSR I feel like are A* students, which is so good but I feel a bit intimidated.
    I got pretty average GCSEs: 2A's and the rest were B's. During my GCSE's I fell into depression and I gave up on education even though since year 7 I had always strived to be at the top of my class however in year 11 everything fell apart and similar feelings began to develop during this year as I became overwhelmed.
    However, I decided I don't want to fall back into that dark hole and I am going to get A's for all 3 subjects.

The main reason I am starting this thread is to feel accountable when I don't revise and to reflect on where I am going wrong.

My aim however is to not only improve my grades but other aspects of my life. For instance, take up more hobbies, do volunteering, exercise, improve my diet (it's incredibly bad right now: with all the fizzy drinks and chocolates but I never gain weight and I need to so meh) etc.

Goals:

Only use TSR for an hour a day

TSR is literally my worst enemy

Get at least 7 hours of sleep

My sleeping pattern is so messed right now.

Reconnect with my religion: Start praying at least 1 (morning) Salah (prayer) and then slowly start increasing it until I regularly pray all 5 = stop being lazy

Even though this one is more religious I decided to add it as I feel like it will help me in order to stop being lazy as I will have to be more active and I won't have as much time to be 'resting' as I will have more things to do during the day.

Limit myself to a 20 minute nap/rest period a day

After college I am so tired so I decide to take a rest and relax but before I know it the whole day has passed so I need to sort my act out.

Complete 2 topics of Chemistry and 1 topic of Biology and 1 topic of Psychology each week

I have a bad habit of learning new things but not going over the things I already know so this will help in that aspect.

Study ahead before lessons

To make it easier for me in lesson as I will actually know what the teachers going on about.

Start work by 5pm

I feel like after 8 I can't focus so it's harder for me to revise and then I don't get all my work done. Starting early will allow me to finish it all of.

Stay ahead in all subjects

I feel like I fall behind quite easily as I work at a slow pace so I need to somehow manage to make sure I'm always ahead.

I'm new at this so I'm not sure how this all works. Let me know if I missed something out.
    xoxo until next time dolls

ReputationRep:
    Hey! What degree do you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sturdy swifter)
    Hey! What degree do you want to do?
    I decided after a LOT of research that I want to become a Physician Associate :rave:. But I'll have to do 2 degrees: my first one will be Biomedical Sciences then my second degree will be the Physician Associate course :cookie:. I just pray my mind doesn't change because it stresses me out and I'll be doomed if I change my mind whilst completing my first degree :tumble: But right now I'm happy with my choice so I'm just hoping for the best :love:. What about you???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEnchantress)
    I decided after a LOT of research that I want to become a Physician Associate :rave:. But I'll have to do 2 degrees: my first one will be Biomedical Sciences then my second degree will be the Physician Associate course :cookie:. I just pray my mind doesn't change because it stresses me out and I'll be doomed if I change my mind whilst completing my first degree :tumble: But right now I'm happy with my choice so I'm just hoping for the best :love:. What about you???
    OOH! That sounds really interesting and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I want to be a clinical/health psychologist but I'm probably gonna change my mind (cos I have 8 time). If only there was enough time...

ReputationRep:
    OOH! That sounds really interesting and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I want to be a clinical/health psychologist but I'm probably gonna change my mind (cos I have 8 time). If only there was enough time...
    WOW :elmo: I know the feeling I changed my mind so many times that it's ridiculous and now I just feel pressured to make a decision Are you in year 12? What subjects do you do? Do you have a GYG thread? (sorry for being nosey )

ReputationRep:
    SAME! Yeh I’m in hear 12 and take A Levels English Lit, Economics and Psychology (all completely different subjects for some reason). I do have a GYG thread (Sturdy Swifter’s Journey to A*A*A). By the way, I love the title of your blog.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    SAME! Yeh I’m in hear 12 and take A Levels English Lit, Economics and Psychology (all completely different subjects for some reason). I do have a GYG thread (Sturdy Swifter’s Journey to A*A*A). By the way, I love the title of your blog.
    Awww thankyou I'll make sure to watch your GYG thread GYG threads are one of my guilty pleasures but I find them so motivating so I guess it's a positive :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, long time no see :ashamed: So I kind of forgot about this but only because I've been really busy doing other things so I never had time. :damnmate: Hopefully, I could bring it back from the dead. :rip:
    Looking back at this, I'm glad I made this because it warms my heart up a bit seeing how much I've improved. :love:
    My Biology grade has improved from an E to a C. :bban:
    My Chemistry grade has improved from a D to a B. :banana:
    And I'm still getting A's for Psychology. :banana2:
    Hopefully, in these last couple of months of Year 12, I could boost my grades by 1 grade. Annnddd, I still have the summer and Year 13 to improve my grades. :bumps:
    I have my exam mocks this week so hopefully, I get good grades but I am on the verge of kind of having a mental breakdown but not having one. :bricks: Basically, I'm stressing out because I'm not stressing out :banghead: . Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me too. :egg:

21.04.2018 & 22.04.2018
    For the past two days, I've been solely focusing on Chemistry: Organic Chemistry to be exact. :eek3: I've been completing exam questions, which has been emotionally draining but you got to do what you got to do. :emo: It's been a pain though because I'm a really slow worker, so it takes me so long to complete them and although I worked most of the day, on both days, I wasn't able to complete as many questions as I wanted. :facepalm: But I'm trying to look at the bright side of things by trying to convince myself that it's better to do less work that is efficient, rather than doing loads but it all be for nothing because it was unefficient (oh, the lies we tell ourselves: doing questions will help me pass regardless if it was efficient or not). :dumbells: I was upset though because I had to stay inside and revise and the weather was so beautiful. :goaway: I also couldn't go visit my sister or go to a wedding. But hopefully it will be worth it. I am going to do Chemistry revision today too, as I have a mock tomorrow (wish me luck). :hide:

Goals:

Only use TSR for an hour a day

FAILED :innocent:

Get at least 7 hours of sleep

I don't know what I was thinking when I was writing this, as one of my goals. My sleeping pattern is 10X worse than before. :popout:

Reconnect with my religion: Start praying at least 1 (morning) Salah (prayer) and then slowly start increasing it until I regularly pray all 5 = stop being lazy

I have started praying again and I'm so happy as I feel more calm and at peace, which puts me in a good mindframe for revision. It feels good to have someone to talk to, as no-one in my family really understands the stress and the effort that it takes. :rave:

Limit myself to a 20 minute nap/rest period a day

My habit of falling at sleep after Sixth Form has ended, hasn't stopped but recently I am trying to make more of an effort to sort my sleep and revision schedule out. And praying has also helped a lot with this. Hopefully, by the end of the year this habit will be completely broken (Also, I do admit I am lazy but I'm always tired because I do revision in my frees to, so it makes me extra tired) :sadnod:

Complete 2 topics of Chemistry and 1 topic of Biology and 1 topic of Psychology each week

Not really followed this plan and I think I'm going to change this goal but I'm not sure yet. :ssaw:

Study ahead before lessons

This has been a life saviour for me other then the times when the teacher overcomplicates things. This helps so much as now in lesson, I'm only going over everything that I know rather than learning it from scratch. :shy2:

Start work by 5pm

It's 50-50 for this: sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. :slap:

Stay ahead in all subjects

The problem with this is that I try to do to much. I make a revision timetable, a to-do list etc but I never complete everything because I work at a slow place (which will be the death of me). :shot:

I'm going to update my goals once a week, for example every Sunday or once every two week.
    :love:

xoxo until next time dolls.

ReputationRep:

My mocks have finally finished. :bl: I'm so glad. :groovy: This week I started of really motivated but everything has been going downhill. :sigh: Although I am happy that they are finished, I am dreading getting my results back as I know I've messed up on them. Topics that I didn't focus on properly came up and it was a disaster. :s: I'm sad and a emotional wreck right now as this is the last exam of the year for us. I just pray that I haven't completely ruined my chances of getting a good predicted grade. :please: I'm going to give myself today of to gather my thoughts as I won't be able to do effective revision, whilst I'm stressing out. The problem with me is that I start panicking in the exam and I end up having an emotional breakdown inside but by the time I pull myself together I have already wasted most of the time so I start panicking more. :slap: I don't know why I panic so much. All it does is have a negative effect on how well I do in the exam. I'm thinking of talking to my teachers but I feel like they are going to think I'm just making excuses and just don't care. I do but there is just alot going on which is adding to my stress. The only reason last time I got an E and a D in Biology and Chemistry was because I was having panic attacks and was stressed out but when I'm in a positive mindframe I do so much better. :reindeer: I need to work on ways to decrease my stress, I guess. I'm going to stop thinking about my mocks now as I've done them now so there is no point worrying :cry2:

xoxo until next time dolls.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.