Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I always say Im gonna revise , but i never do, and if i do , all i do is read notes. Can someone give me tips on how to not get distracted ?
    I am so behind , 10 weeks till my first GCSE exam.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Take away anything like your phone, any consoles or other distractions! Only allow them when you're having breaks. Use treats as incentives, so if you do 1 hour of revision you can have x or do x. Give yourself time to have some you time and do something fun! Do you have any future goals or career plans?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Things I find useful:
    - Forest app. stops you using your phone and can split up your day into revision chunks really well using it
    - Youtube videos - they can teach you and more engaging than making notes from text books / revision books
    - Revision sites - they include teaching and testing, and often have a more gaming element, making revision more engaging and compelling. you actually want to do well in the tests, because they reward you for it with points / trophies / bonuses etc. For these, Seneca Learning looks pretty good, and places like Gojimo also supposed to be alright.

Just try any / all of these, and choose the one you find most engaging. Plus I also make it much easier to concentrate when I have a struct timetable, as then I have things I feel I actually have to complete, and I know that I have breaks coming up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Take away anything like your phone, any consoles or other distractions! Only allow them when you're having breaks. Use treats as incentives, so if you do 1 hour of revision you can have x or do x. Give yourself time to have some you time and do something fun! Do you have any future goals or career plans?

awww thank youuuu , yes definitely will do so, i feel like i think about revising more than i actually revise lol. & to be honest , im not really sure with my plans but in the future i want to do something like finance&accounting. what about youuu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MimiElf)
    Things I find useful:
    - Forest app. stops you using your phone and can split up your day into revision chunks really well using it
    - Youtube videos - they can teach you and more engaging than making notes from text books / revision books
    - Revision sites - they include teaching and testing, and often have a more gaming element, making revision more engaging and compelling. you actually want to do well in the tests, because they reward you for it with points / trophies / bonuses etc. For these, Seneca Learning looks pretty good, and places like Gojimo also supposed to be alright.

Just try any / all of these, and choose the one you find most engaging. Plus I also make it much easier to concentrate when I have a struct timetable, as then I have things I feel I actually have to complete, and I know that I have breaks coming up

aw thank you for the tips! Will definitely try it out! Sometimes i just feel like i think about revising more than i actually revise lol

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.