The Student Room Group

What should I do??? very upset :(

I'm in sixth form and in biology especially everytime I am really self conscious when I want to answer or ask a question. this is because the times where I have answered a question most of them have been wrong because I tend to answer the simple questions the teachers asked, people in my class have laughed at me and do judge me. TThey don't do this to other people in the class. It's ridiculous that even in year 12 they do this. For instance, I asked a 'stupid' question once (Are years a measure of time) and a person said why I'm stupid, what the **** is wrong with you- word for word. Rather hypocritical coming from someone who didn't know 'protein synthesis' meant (the synthesis of proteins).
I want to do medicine and I need high grades for that (A*AA) and I'm currently predicted BBBC (the C in EPQ). I feel like alot of people/teachers do underestimate me, I've got 8/10 times A in my tests in bio for e.g. and mu teacher said that she thinks I'll get a C, B pushing it as I got nearly all C's on my homework. My bio teacher said that year 12 'AS' exams have little impact on predicted grades.
Now I have to prove to the teachers that I am capable of A* prediction in bio but it's really hard when you you have a bio class full of judgemental pricks. When I get something wrong they instantly think I'm stupid. Please someone give me some advice, I really care about my grades :frown: Thanks x
Reply 1
I apologise for my atrocious spelling and grammer btw :smile:
I'm a run up, put that gun on 'em
Forget them, just focus on yourself. So many times during my a-levels and even during my degree I have come across people who have underestimated me, or been rude or condescending. I love seeing their face when I do better then them - let that be your motivation too. Well done for your test scores, just keep up doing the work, get your a-levels and get out of there away from the judgemental people. :smile:

"Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise"
Reply 4
**** them..... Like seriously, all you can do is knuckle down and focus on your goal. So while you're off growing and making a name for yourself, these idiots who are laughing at you will be laughing at themselves when they get their grades back.

There's a saying that goes "You can argue with a smart person, but there's no arguing with a fool".
Dont worry about other people. Work hard and show your teachers. If medicine is your passion, truss you will get there.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Forget them, just focus on yourself. So many times during my a-levels and even during my degree I have come across people who have underestimated me, or been rude or condescending. I love seeing their face when I do better then them - let that be your motivation too. Well done for your test scores, just keep up doing the work, get your a-levels and get out of there away from the judgemental people. :smile:

"Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise"

Another thing is that, today I got my biology test back and got a C and people in my class said to me that 'you are stupid after all', taht is why i said 8/10 times. I don't have many friends either too (making it easier for them to pick on me). Thus, I feel like there's pressure on me to do well otherwise they'll think I'm stupid, I am clever but they are so horrible about it and so I stress revise sometimes. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Tinizel
**** them..... Like seriously, all you can do is knuckle down and focus on your goal. So while you're off growing and making a name for yourself, these idiots who are laughing at you will be laughing at themselves when they get their grades back.

There's a saying that goes "You can argue with a smart person, but there's no arguing with a fool".

Original post by Boss987
Dont worry about other people. Work hard and show your teachers. If medicine is your passion, truss you will get there.

For an A*AA prediction I will need to get AAA in my year 12 end of year exams and proving to teachers (doing better in tests/homeworks etc)
Reply 8
Original post by Boss987

Thanks bossman (sorry I had to) :biggrin:
Thanks bossman (sorry I had to) :biggrin:

Respect... I wanna see you at the hospital in 8 years.
In my situation, do you guys think I should still ask questions/answer questions in class. It will be embarrasing and I will get alot of people being rude to me. Also, I may get questions wrong too?
Original post by Boss987
Respect... I wanna see you at the hospital in 8 years.

Obviously yeah, man's gonna be on that ting still (I don't actually talk like this :rofl:)
I'm in sixth form and in biology especially everytime I am really self conscious when I want to answer or ask a question. this is because the times where I have answered a question most of them have been wrong because I tend to answer the simple questions the teachers asked, people in my class have laughed at me and do judge me. TThey don't do this to other people in the class. It's ridiculous that even in year 12 they do this. For instance, I asked a 'stupid' question once (Are years a measure of time) and a person said why I'm stupid, what the **** is wrong with you- word for word. Rather hypocritical coming from someone who didn't know 'protein synthesis' meant (the synthesis of proteins).
I want to do medicine and I need high grades for that (A*AA) and I'm currently predicted BBBC (the C in EPQ). I feel like alot of people/teachers do underestimate me, I've got 8/10 times A in my tests in bio for e.g. and mu teacher said that she thinks I'll get a C, B pushing it as I got nearly all C's on my homework. My bio teacher said that year 12 'AS' exams have little impact on predicted grades.
Now I have to prove to the teachers that I am capable of A* prediction in bio but it's really hard when you you have a bio class full of judgemental pricks. When I get something wrong they instantly think I'm stupid. Please someone give me some advice, I really care about my grades :frown: Thanks x

Forget about them, and plus your predicted grades don't have to be high, just get good marks in the actual exam thing, that's all. Why are they mean towards you? It's odd.
Forget about them, and plus your predicted grades don't have to be high, just get good marks in the actual exam thing, that's all. Why are they mean towards you? It's odd.

It is and I would tell you if if it was something to do with me, dunno? They were like this since start of year 12
I have to have high predicted grades for medicine as I don't want to take a gap year?
They will think I'm stupid and it has happened before many times, I really want to do well and prove them wrong. As I said I don't have many friends (have some friends in class but not popular/liked) so them knowing I'm smart will annoy them as their rude to me.
Guys should I still continue asking answering questions in class despite my situation???
I’ve finished my a levels (A in biology) and want to say that I struggled in terms of getting marks in my first year but understood the content perfectly. I was not alone in doing so as the biology markschemes in my experience are a bit dodgy. Just keep going and focus some of the learning on purely what the examiners want. I’d say that’s the biggest advice I can give to get a good biology grade. It worked for me as I was 1 mark off an A*!
Reply 17
Confidence seems to be relative rather than absolute so many youngsters (and oldsters) gain a boost simply from demeaning/reducing the self esteem of a colleague/peer.

Nothing about their behaviour is actually about you: it's about them and their insecurities.

Try not to get sucked-into their naive game; you have much at stake and need to find an inner focus that defies and transcends this classroom nonsense.

Quick Reply

Latest