The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster 2018 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thekidwhogames
Intermediate Maths Olympiad

LOL I'm going to the Kangaroo
Original post by Ihatelife2
CA needs to be more selective. Guarantee that their statistics will look really good.

They should make the requirement 7 A*-B with 8+ in chosen course. with some sort of entrance exam midyear to get an offer.
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
They should make the requirement 7 A*-B with 8+ in chosen course. with some sort of entrance exam midyear to get an offer.

I would 100% stay in CA then. If I got in.
(edited 5 years ago)
There's a guy in year 10 in my school who looks like he finished his PhD.
It's so weird that all young people want to look older and all older people want to look younger.
You'll probably be happy that you look younger in a few years.
Don't stress about that too much. There are people in my year who also look like they haven't even done their year 6 SATs yet.

So what about you? How do you think you look?
I would 100% stay in CA then.

Also, they should get rid of dem ones that do PE, Media, Drama and just soft useless subjects for the sake of doing A-levels. These people mess up the statistics and they are better off just taking a btec where they actually learn skills they will use over then randpm level 3 qualifications.
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz

The guy you are talking to is some hench asian don who looks like he's in his 30's and has a face that looks like arthur
Also, they should get rid of dem ones that do PE, Media, Drama and just soft useless subjects for the sake of doing A-levels. These people mess up the statistics and they are better off just taking a btec where they actually learn skills they will use over then randpm level 3 qualifications.

No, I think those subjects are still quite important. Not everyone wants to do something like English or Maths, and sone would rather seek traditional means of getting those qualifications. Also, they’re not useless per se, but they just focus on a different type of discipline to traditional subjects.

The guy you are talking to is some hench asian don who looks like he's in his 30's and has a face that looks like arthur

According to @tedgfbtebfetedfb I look like Arthur. Idk how true this. He's been saying it since year 9 and some of my friends also agree with him. So it probably is an accurate depiction of me.
Me = Brown Arthur
No, I think those subjects are still quite important. Not everyone wants to do something like English or Maths, and sone would rather seek traditional means of getting those qualifications. Also, they’re not useless per se, but they just focus on a different type of discipline to traditional subjects.

You missed my point. These people dont care what they study, they just want to do A levels. They pick courses that require just C's in maths and English. These people usually fail due to low interest in the subject. I know someone who has been a sixth former in my school for 3 years and is studying food tech, media, PE and photography although he dropped food tech cos it was too hard.
According to @tedgfbtebfetedfb I look like Arthur. Idk how true this. He's been saying it since year 9 and some of my friends also agree with him. So it probably is an accurate depiction of me.
Me = Brown Arthur

Ok, I’ll try and imagine that...

You have no idea how long I stared at that picture for...
Ok, I’ll try and imagine that...

You have no idea how long I stared at that picture for...

My brother is now also a firm believer in the fact that I look like Arthur. I think its safe to say the general consensus is that I bear a striking resemblance to Arthur.
You missed my point. These people dont care what they study, they just want to do A levels. They pick courses that require just C's in maths and English. These people usually fail due to low interest in the subject. I know someone who has been a sixth former in my school for 3 years and is studying food tech, media, PE and photography although he dropped food tech cos it was too hard.

Ohhh I thought you were talking about the subjects themselves... yeah in that case I agree. If you’re not committed enough to taka an A Level, then don’t do it! That’s why I changed from Economics...

Who is the breh in question? PM me plz?
(edited 6 years ago)
My brother is now also a firm believer in the fact that I look like Arthur. I think its safe to say the general consensus is that I bear a striking resemblance to Arthur.

And I shall confirm that for myself soon...
And I shall confirm that for myself soon...

😅I will almost definitely be in those event things after GCSEs so you'll find out then.

...I really hope I don't😂😬
(edited 6 years ago)
😅I will almost definitely be in those event things after GCSEs so you'll find out then. I really hope I don't.

Do you know what events are taking place?
Original post by fiddletrio
LOL I'm going to the Kangaroo

Ah The multiple choice one?
Do you know what events are taking place?

No idea. Probably just your generic 'get to know each other' type of thing
No idea. Probably just your generic 'get to know each other' type of thing

Right. I suppose they’ll be interesting. I kinda wish it wasn’t after GCSEs, though. Are you doing NCS?
Right. I suppose they’ll be interesting. I kinda wish it wasn’t after GCSEs, though. Are you doing NCS?

I heard about NCS when a friend mentioned it briefly. Is it good? How do you sign up? It sounds really cool.
Can you explain what it actually is?

Quick Reply

Latest