The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster 2018 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
I absolutely hate Maths with a passion!! But I need to get a 6 in it. Deep times 😭😭

I used to dislike maths as well but I started to like it again this year. I'm sure you can easily get that. With maths its just about practice.
Original post by SaDe7
same for me except its english

Aww, I like English 😪
i got 750 in the harris exam
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 43
I absolutely hate Maths with a passion!! But I need to get a 6 in it. Deep times 😭😭

I’m currently aiming for a 7 because I’m doing 2 sciences for a level+it’s my prediction - I’m just doing as many exam questions possible - ugh i hte maths 😑😑
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
allow that

looool
Reply 45
Original post by Ihatelife2
Seeing as you're choosing history, do you know what topics HWSF study?

I asked during my interview - apparently it all depends on the teacher that we get
Reply 46
Original post by YD17HXM

Well done 👍🏼
Original post by YD17HXM

And we all believe that, don't we.... Lol XD
Original post by Xhess
I asked during my interview - apparently it all depends on the teacher that we get

Now that's weird, no other schools do that. Usually, they have set topics modules like Russia or China.

erratic deus is back😁.

remember that eratic_deus girl with her weave in her profile pic lol this reminds me of her. lol she probably got 2000 in her int+exam
Reply 51
Original post by Ihatelife2
Now that's weird, no other schools do that. Usually, they have set topics modules like Russia or China.

Ikr - I asked her what type of topics she teaches she said something about the Irish War + QE1

issa joke, there was someone who said they got like 1000 lool
Original post by Xhess

Yes, depending on what teacher you get, you'll be studying either the Tudors to the Victorian era, or either the German reformation, the American Revolution, the French Revolution or Italian unification. Here's some more info (scroll to page 21).
Original post by YD17HXM

I remember that lol. I wonder what she was doing with a school like Harris; if she thought she was so good lol. She's been banned, hasn't she?
Original post by Xhess
Ikr - I asked her what type of topics she teaches she said something about the Irish War + QE1

If I have to do Queen Elizabeth the I ever again I will fully kill myself.
Reply 56
Yes, depending on what teacher you get, you'll be studying either the Tudors to the Victorian era, or either the German reformation, the American Revolution, the French Revolution or Italian unification. Here's some more info (scroll to page 21).

Thank youuuuuu
I remember that lol. I wonder what she was doing with a school like Harris; if she thought she was so good lol. She's been banned, hasn't she?

Yeh she has lol. Her school cheated on UKMT and my friend reported her
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
Core maths is not liked by unis. This is because it looks like you are to dumb to do normal maths like everyone else even though you were forced to do it (It is basically grade 9 maths with a few more topics). You are better off changing it and sitting a full A-level in maths

Thats not true. Core maths is applied maths as opposed to pure maths which is what we do at GCSE. Universities actually like core maths if u are doing humanities subjects as it shows that u have transferable skills.
Reply 59
Original post by YD17HXM

Do u know what it’s all out of ?
I know the exam is out of 540
But I don’t know about the interview

Quick Reply

Latest