The Student Room Group

Getting the box room at uni?

So I'm kind of the mum friend at uni and my friends hae just decied that i should have the box room in the new house becasue i "always do the difficult stuff" but what if i dont want to? Advice?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Elvean
So I'm kind of the mum friend at uni and my friends hae just decied that i should have the box room in the new house becasue i "always do the difficult stuff" but what if i dont want to? Advice?

Tell them that it s unfair to you to be expected to have the smaller room for the same price and say you want to negotiate
Original post by Elvean

Surely if you do all the 'difficult stuff' that means you deserve a bigger room to compensate...?
Original post by Elvean

Sit them down and talk about it :smile:
Original post by Elvean

Rooms should be allocated randomly - smaller room, smaller rent.
Use a random number generator
Just be honest about it. You're not willing to take the box room unless you're allocated it fairly and randomly. If they moan just stand your ground, this is going to be your bedroom for a year (maybe two), you need to be happy with the allocation or you're going to resent your flatmates. They might be awkward about it but remember it's just cos they feel the same as you that they don't want the box room. You don't owe them taking it. Just be clear it's not happening and say you have two options - adjust the rents higher/lower until someone agrees to take it, or pull names out of a hat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending