Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hull uni is my insurance choice so I’m wondering ,If I don’t put down a deposit for a accommodation now. And wait until results, if it would be too late to secure any type of accommodation

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You're guaranteed accommodation if you apply by September 1st and you'll have your results by then so actually getting accommodation won't be an issue.
    Only issue is if you decided to go to Hull after getting your results, I don't think you'll be able to choose what type of accommodation you want since it's competitive accommodation. To apply for accommodation now and put down a deposit I'm pretty sure you need to put Hull as your firm choice (not insurance).
    I made Hull my firm choice yesterday and got an accommodation portal email. Did you get an email?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, I did revive an email about accommodation and the dates that it will be open, but no portal information, I have already paid the deposit on accommodation at another uni, but if I don’t get into it could I get accommodation but I just don’t get to pick where?

ReputationRep:
    You can't put a deposit down for two unis, only your first choice but you are still guaranteed accommodation if you end up going to Hull instead. If when you get your results you decide to go to Hull, ring them up straight away so they can send you an accommodation portal email. You may get a choice of accommodation (probably the lawns or student housing) if you apply right after your results but if you wait till September 1st you'll most likely be assigned to student housing and not get a choice of halls. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherinewoods12)
    You can't put a deposit down for two unis, only your first choice but you are still guaranteed accommodation if you end up going to Hull instead. If when you get your results you decide to go to Hull, ring them up straight away so they can send you an accommodation portal email. You may get a choice of accommodation (probably the lawns or student housing) if you apply right after your results but if you wait till September 1st you'll most likely be assigned to student housing and not get a choice of halls. Hope this helps
    ok i understand now thank you very much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018

University open days

1. University of Hull
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.