The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University of hull accommodation

Hull uni is my insurance choice so I’m wondering ,If I don’t put down a deposit for a accommodation now. And wait until results, if it would be too late to secure any type of accommodation

Thanks
You're guaranteed accommodation if you apply by September 1st and you'll have your results by then so actually getting accommodation won't be an issue.
Only issue is if you decided to go to Hull after getting your results, I don't think you'll be able to choose what type of accommodation you want since it's competitive accommodation. To apply for accommodation now and put down a deposit I'm pretty sure you need to put Hull as your firm choice (not insurance).
I made Hull my firm choice yesterday and got an accommodation portal email. Did you get an email?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Thanks for the reply, I did revive an email about accommodation and the dates that it will be open, but no portal information, I have already paid the deposit on accommodation at another uni, but if I don’t get into it could I get accommodation but I just don’t get to pick where?
You can't put a deposit down for two unis, only your first choice but you are still guaranteed accommodation if you end up going to Hull instead. If when you get your results you decide to go to Hull, ring them up straight away so they can send you an accommodation portal email. You may get a choice of accommodation (probably the lawns or student housing) if you apply right after your results but if you wait till September 1st you'll most likely be assigned to student housing and not get a choice of halls. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by katherinewoods12
You can't put a deposit down for two unis, only your first choice but you are still guaranteed accommodation if you end up going to Hull instead. If when you get your results you decide to go to Hull, ring them up straight away so they can send you an accommodation portal email. You may get a choice of accommodation (probably the lawns or student housing) if you apply right after your results but if you wait till September 1st you'll most likely be assigned to student housing and not get a choice of halls. Hope this helps :smile:

ok i understand now thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest