Turn on thread page Beta

Guys how would you feel if a girl bought you a drink? watch

I've bought a guy a drink on a night out, actually probably more than once because I either had to spend £10 to use my card lol or the bartender accidentally charged me for an extra drink because they didn't hear me over the music. I usually ask the person next to me if they'd like a drink, always a guy lol but they act surprised and get happy but now I'm thinking should I buy a guy a drink on nights out 🤔

Maybe this is the way forward we'll sometimes, I usually feel guilty when guys offer to buy me drinks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm always sound with other people buying my ale.

I’d feel delighted if a girl bought me a drink, I think it’s very kind and the polar opposite to what many girls who think they’re entitled the world would do. Just be careful to clearly distinguish this action between a guy you’re just being friendly with and a guy that you find attractive and want to go down that route with - other guys may view you buying them a drink a sign of sexual interest when it probably isn’t, but if it actually is then give the guy clear hints

ReputationRep:
    It happened once..... a girl in a club just walked up to me and the first thing she said was "would you like a drink?"

Due to gender roles I felt a bit uncomfortable having a female stranger buy me the drink and was about to politely say no, then it dawned on me that if I said no she would take that as i'm not interested in her ....so reluctantly I said yes and she bought me a drink.

I don't think there's anything wrong with women buying a man a drink, but due to traditional gender roles I did feel a bit funny.............

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I’d feel delighted if a girl bought me a drink, I think it’s very kind and the polar opposite to what many girls who think they’re entitled the world would do. Just be careful to clearly distinguish this action between a guy you’re just being friendly with and a guy that you find attractive and want to go down that route with - other guys may view you buying them a drink a sign of sexual interest when it probably isn’t, but if it actually is then give the guy clear hints
    I get what you mean, when I gave a male coursemate a drink that the bartender have given to me as an extra drink I didn't order, he was looking at me as if I like him but the truth is I ordered two shots of tequila and a snakebite and tbh I didn't want to have to hold two snakebite pints for god knows how long around the club when I'm already holding my bag.

(Original post by ANM775)
    It happened once..... a girl in a club just walked up to me and the first thing she said was "would you like a drink?"

Due to gender roles I felt a bit uncomfortable having a female stranger buy me the drink and was about to politely say no, then it dawned on me that if I said no she would take that as i'm not interested in her ....so reluctantly I said yes and she bought me a drink.

I don't think there's anything wrong with women buying a man a drink, but due to traditional gender roles I did feel a bit funny.............
    Yeah I don't think I'd directly walk up to a guy and ask, probably only at the bar if we're ordering and I have to spend a little more.

I would

Very horny

ReputationRep:
    i would feel very uncomfortable with receiving a drink from a girl, but thats partly because i dont like getting things for free anyway. but yeah i'd rather we bought our own drinks.

ReputationRep:
    I would love it but I would feel like I owe her the next round, I couldn’t just take it and leave like some girls do to guys

(Original post by Zxyn)
    I would love it but I would feel like I owe her the next round, I couldn’t just take it and leave like some girls do to guys
    I understand, tbh I don't really drinks from guys because I feel bad lol

(Original post by Laomedeia)
    Very horny
    Lol

(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
    i would feel very uncomfortable with receiving a drink from a girl, but thats partly because i dont like getting things for free anyway. but yeah i'd rather we bought our own drinks.
    Fair enough

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.