Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Point of nearly 0 social skills or friends, dedicated to myself yet parents want more watch

In the recent days, I've gone so unsociable that I speak to barely anyone.

Previously I'd come home and my phone would be in my room and I'd get messages during the evening time, however now I barely use my phone in my room, mostly charging downstairs and i speak to barely anyone, to a point where someone saying "hi" to me on snapchat makes them my bestfriend.

Why? I've gone into a situation where Education comes first, and to a point where I'm just either studying home or playing a game which I've been playing for the past 3 years.

My grades now are looking at AABB (predicted), however my parents keep asking for more, especially my dad, who is very controlling.

The reason i went to this situation in the first place is due to them nagging me with grades, and also a point where I've got no ambition, because they've managed to put me on a subject course which would take me to medicine (their choice, and they never asked me what I wanted to do).

I'm doing 5 of the hardest AS exams in few weeks, yet they want more. My dad gets furious when I told him I got a B in biology, and he makes me wake up early just to study. Just for getting a B, he's now claiming that I don't use my time efficiently anymore and that I'm simply cheating.

I literally have no idea what to do with my life now. I need advice.

You need to do what feels right for and what makes you happy and not take any bs from anyone including your parents. Standing up to your parents is very hard but it’s something I had to do and I did. At first it was very tense however, when I showed that what I’m passionate about can lead to a good life they got off my back.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.