Turn on thread page Beta

Resigning - bank care worker (nursing home) ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have decided it would be best for me to resign as a care worker in a nursing home.

This is because I have a few chronic health problems including endometriosis, which all seem to have flared up recently, and may require surgical intervention.

I am a student nurse, but find that far less physically demanding, and think resigning as a bank CA will help me a StN.

There also appears to be a change in/ worsening culture in the Nursing home, It got implied I wasn't taking enough shifts, even though I am zero hours bank staff.

I have really liked working with the care staff and residents, but have only been employed 6 weeks. I don't need a reference from them and haven't worked long enough to get one.

Would it be unreasonable to post a letter giving my notice of resignation? I just want out to focus on my nursing and health now. Maybe 2nd or 3rd year for a job, and if so I'd definitely want the NHS bank.

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by addakidhiagdlDAL)
    I have decided it would be best for me to resign as a care worker in a nursing home.

This is because I have a few chronic health problems including endometriosis, which all seem to have flared up recently, and may require surgical intervention.

I am a student nurse, but find that far less physically demanding, and think resigning as a bank CA will help me a StN.

There also appears to be a change in/ worsening culture in the Nursing home, It got implied I wasn't taking enough shifts, even though I am zero hours bank staff.

I have really liked working with the care staff and residents, but have only been employed 6 weeks. I don't need a reference from them and haven't worked long enough to get one.

Would it be unreasonable to post a letter giving my notice of resignation? I just want out to focus on my nursing and health now. Maybe 2nd or 3rd year for a job, and if so I'd definitely want the NHS bank.

Thanks
    Does your contract say anything about notice? I wouldn't think it was unreasonable at all

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying.

There's a four week notice period, which I'll honour.

Because I'm zero hours/bank there'd only be 2 or 3 shifts in the whole time, and I don't think they'd give them me anyway.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.