Turn on thread page Beta

Opinions on feminism watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    The thread has been done to death on TSR, lots of people care about going round in circles bickering about it. Calm before the storm.
    Another surefire way to get a popular thread is throwing “muslim AMA” in there.
    New to TSR so didn't realise it's been done before but thanks. And lol I am a muslim but I don't care enough about popular threads to start one about my religion lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    You might be suffering from what's called 'academic over-exposure syndrome' (yeah, I did just make that up).
    No there is actually some truth to that, there is something called information overload syndrome or information fatigue syndrome, where the actor is so overly exposed to information that they are unable to decipher it and therefore the outcome is the same as a person who is severely lacking information. After studying and reading for nearly 6 hours a day, I definitely wouldn't be able to confidently deny this claim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TastyChicken)
    No there is actually some truth to that, there is something called information overload syndrome or information fatigue syndrome, where the actor is so overly exposed to information that they are unable to decipher it and therefore the outcome is the same as a person who is severely lacking information. After studying and reading for nearly 6 hours a day, I definitely wouldn't be able to confidently deny this claim.
    I think I know where you're coming from. Those tiny-text instructions you get with a new digital watch generate the same kind of effect. I mean, I've got the time and date right, eventually, but I've given up on learning how to use the alarm function.

ReputationRep:
    I’m a female. I believe that women aren’t better than men and men aren’t better women. We are all equal. Yes, men are more able to handle situations better. Men are strong. Women are more sensitive. We have to carry children. Men and women are great. Feminists apparently believe in equal rights but they just want women’s rights.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthatweedy)
    ...Yes, men are more able to handle situations better...
    Really? What situations?

ReputationRep:
    Men are superior to females in every way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsrisforfags)
    I disagree but justify your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsrisforfags)
    I mean that's just pure sexism

ReputationRep:
    What’s the difference between a feminist and my elbow?

Spoiler:
    Show
    My elbow has a point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fazzy_77)
    I disagree but justify your opinion.
    (Original post by LunaTheFox)
    I mean that's just pure sexism
    It’s a troll I wouldn’t waste time entertaining him. Username is a dead giveaway. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It’s a troll I wouldn’t waste time entertaining him. Username is a dead giveaway. :rofl:
    That's what I get for not paying attention before typing 😆

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even notice the username :rofl:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.