Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My parents are constantly involved in my private life! What do I do? watch

Tbf it’s less so my mum and my dad’s partner, but especially my dad and my mum’s partner, they are always in my face and never give me peace. They can’t leave me in my room for 5 mins alone, they want to know every single move I make when I go out, they even threaten to go through my phone. They’re so nosy and want to know everything about my life and I just lie to them all the time cause I can’t deal with telling them my personal business. I’ve recently turned 18 too. My dad always likes to take the mickey out of me for spending time on my phone and wanting to get out the house to have time to myself. He’s always concerned about what I’m spending and what’s coming out of my bank account. He just comes and sits in my room sometimes and stares at me and eats food and I hate it!!! He’s obsessed!! It’s as if I’m entitled to no privacy or space at all. And my mum’s partner always comes into my room at my mum’s and asks what I’m doing and if I’m going anywhere and just asking far too nosy questions about my personal life, my hobbies and my interests... I just want to do me without being hassled and stalked all the time - why can’t they give me some space?!?😡

Is anyone in a similar situation and can relate to me? Or has anyone been in a similar solution? What would you recommend I do to try to stop this?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Tell them to leave you alone?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Tell them to leave you alone?
    Tried that one many a time - doesn’t work because they think it’s “disrespectful” not to enjoy company with my family

ReputationRep:
    Your 18, tell them to stop, your an adult now. If they don't you just gotta wait till your financially stable and move out.
    Or do the same to them; Oh **** ahahha that would be well funny legit just stand stare at them eating-it would get boring but it would be well funny. Just act proper nosy to them for ages loooooool oh **** I should do this. I would probably get *****ed but it would be worth it. Just stand in their room; don't say a word, just stand their, don't reply to their shouts. If you need to reply just be like "i'm just invading your privacy as you do to mine" or some salty ****. Just follow them round and stand their stare at them, get on their nerves.

Spoiler:
    Show

Alternatively, just square up to your dad/mums partner (not really sure how you can have a dad and his wife having a partner unless its three way?) and smack him. Probably the worst idea but hey ho.

(Original post by mc_miah)

Spoiler:
    Show

Alternatively, just square up to your dad/mums partner (not really sure how you can have a dad and his wife having a partner unless its three way?) and smack him. Probably the worst idea but hey ho.

My parents are divorced. My mum has a boyfriend she lives with. My dad has a girlfriend he lives with. I live with one and visit the other at weekends/holidays. No dodgy business...

ReputationRep:
    18? You're an adult. Move out then. Wtf is your mums partner doing in your room? He must want you, tell your stupid mother he's a pervert

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.