Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that there is a form you can fill out to transfer courses within the university. I am going to begin my first year in Politics (after having already done one abroad, in a different university, but I hated the environment, the staff, and the attitude) in September, basically redoing what I had done before. I wanted to have a fresh, clear start, however, law is still somewhere deep down in my heart. I was thinking about seeing it out for the first few months and perhaps transferring to the Law and Politics LLB course, but I don't know how lenient they are with the leaving grades? My IB score does not match the requirements of the LLB score, however, does match the one I have been accepted to.
    Has anyone been in the same position, transferred courses within QMUL before? I would like to know about your experience, how it worked, and whether the absence of having the right grades will make the attempt to transfer (in the case I decide to) a huge no-no.
    Thanks in advance!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kmequeen)
    I know that there is a form you can fill out to transfer courses within the university. I am going to begin my first year in Politics (after having already done one abroad, in a different university, but I hated the environment, the staff, and the attitude) in September, basically redoing what I had done before. I wanted to have a fresh, clear start, however, law is still somewhere deep down in my heart. I was thinking about seeing it out for the first few months and perhaps transferring to the Law and Politics LLB course, but I don't know how lenient they are with the leaving grades? My IB score does not match the requirements of the LLB score, however, does match the one I have been accepted to.
    Has anyone been in the same position, transferred courses within QMUL before? I would like to know about your experience, how it worked, and whether the absence of having the right grades will make the attempt to transfer (in the case I decide to) a huge no-no.
    Thanks in advance!
    There’s no harm in asking. If you’re refused a transfer would you be happy to complete your degree in politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    There’s no harm in asking. If you’re refused a transfer would you be happy to complete your degree in politics?
    Indeed, I would be happy to complete the degree, since it is still an area which interests me tremendously. A year ago, I applied to combined degrees with politics and law mostly, therefore, there's a passion for both subjects. Just, the thought of combining the two still seems like the most suitable programme to me. In the end, if the transfer is refused, I would most definitely complete my degree, since my main area of interest is public policy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018

University open days

1. Queen Mary University of London
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.