Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that there is a form you can fill out to transfer courses within the university. I am going to begin my first year in Politics (after having already done one abroad, in a different university, but I hated the environment, the staff, and the attitude) in September, basically redoing what I had done before. I wanted to have a fresh, clear start, however, law is still somewhere deep down in my heart. I was thinking about seeing it out for the first few months and perhaps transferring to the Law and Politics LLB course, but I don't know how lenient they are with the leaving grades? My IB score does not match the requirements of the LLB score, however, does match the one I have been accepted to.
    Has anyone been in the same position, transferred courses within QMUL before? I would like to know about your experience, how it worked, and whether the absence of having the right grades will make the attempt to transfer (in the case I decide to) a huge no-no.
    Thanks in advance!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kmequeen)
    I know that there is a form you can fill out to transfer courses within the university. I am going to begin my first year in Politics (after having already done one abroad, in a different university, but I hated the environment, the staff, and the attitude) in September, basically redoing what I had done before. I wanted to have a fresh, clear start, however, law is still somewhere deep down in my heart. I was thinking about seeing it out for the first few months and perhaps transferring to the Law and Politics LLB course, but I don't know how lenient they are with the leaving grades? My IB score does not match the requirements of the LLB score, however, does match the one I have been accepted to.
    Has anyone been in the same position, transferred courses within QMUL before? I would like to know about your experience, how it worked, and whether the absence of having the right grades will make the attempt to transfer (in the case I decide to) a huge no-no.
    Thanks in advance!
    There’s no harm in asking. If you’re refused a transfer would you be happy to complete your degree in politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    There’s no harm in asking. If you’re refused a transfer would you be happy to complete your degree in politics?
    Indeed, I would be happy to complete the degree, since it is still an area which interests me tremendously. A year ago, I applied to combined degrees with politics and law mostly, therefore, there's a passion for both subjects. Just, the thought of combining the two still seems like the most suitable programme to me. In the end, if the transfer is refused, I would most definitely complete my degree, since my main area of interest is public policy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.