The Student Room Group

Cambridge, Durham or Warwick? - Politics

Just looking for some advice on where to firm for Politics.

I've got offers from Cambridge (HSPS A*AA) and Warwick and Durham (both Politics AAA). I like the courses at all three, but I think i prefer Warwick's on flexibility most (Durham has a bad reputation for Politics??).

I was pooled to Murray Edwards, an all girls college, in Cambridge and I'm quite daunted by the idea of living in that college for three years, and I feel like that atmosphere would add to the stress of Cambs life. Medwards is also consistently the lowest in the Tompkins Table, so it's essentially the worst college so as I was pooled there, I'm worried I was just filling a place right at the bottom of the list. As a student normally at the top of the class, that intimidates me.

Durham and Warwick both seem lovely, but I think I prefer the atmosphere at Warwick. It is also nice to know that the Politics course at Warwick is ranked higher than both Cambridge and Durham in the league tables.

I've been at state schools all my life, and I want to be surrounded by people like me. I want to have fun (going out and enjoying societies) and have time to do this without being stressed.

Does anyone have any advice?
Thank you!
Reply 1
Sounds like you've already made up your mind. I would go for your gut (Warwick).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending